“Very good”

Texas Roadhouse Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 288 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My first time here as it is quite hard to get into unless you go early. And that's exactly what we did. A very nice atmosphere but the music playing was quite loud, making it hard to converse with people at your table. If you want steak, you choose it at the door and they cook it how you like it. The rolls brought to the table were the best I've ever had. Our waitress was very attentive, making sure our needs were met. I would go back again, but make sure to go early again as it is hard to find parking.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Best ribs in a long time. The restaurant was full and so many people can't be wrong. This was a pleasant experience, the food was really good and thank you Tod for really god service. If you ever go to Poughkeepsie NY this is a must try.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We just had a wonderful family dinner here. We were celebrating our Grandsons graduation from college we were allowed to bring a cake and the servers brought it to our table and they were terrific!
The manager stopped by our table to see how everything was. He and everyone were very personable. The food as in any Texas roadhouse we have ever been in ( and there are a few) was Perfect and Delicious !

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We visited this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. The food was perfect. Our steaks were cooked exactly as we requested. Our server, Markus, was the best. He was attentive and cheerfully provided whatever we asked for. He even paid for our dessert since it was our anniversary! When I spoke to the manager to let him know how great Markus was, he seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.
All around great experience. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Upon entering there were a limited amount of hand cut steaks to choose from. I asked to go see if there were any others in the back. After a sigh the waitress went back. I chose 3 16 oz Ribeyes. We were seated

The potato skins were alright. Nothing raving about. The ribs were a little over cooked.

The waitress asked how we wanted the steaks cooked. I asked one medium well and two medium. Upon service the steaks were a lot smaller than the ones we picked and all were cooked well done. They went to refire a new order and this time the steaks were even smaller than the miscooked ones.

I have been to other locations before but never had this problem

I will give the Poughkeepsie location one more try in the future...... Hopefully they can make up for it