“Fairly Nice Experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 31 August 2017

It's a unique property--design, atmosphere. Has outdoor seating but it's not at all nice. Service was friendly but took very long time to get food from the kitchen. Huge menus--including all day breakfast menu. Too much really. OK food. My eggs Benedict looked OK but had no flavor at all. My friend's fish dish smelled way too much like fish (and not very fresh).

OK, saw it, experienced it, but won't be going back.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Went with family for a siblings catch up. Ordered a "dirty" martini. Since when do you have to ask for olives in a gin based martini? We repeatedly asked for the A/C to be turned up or off; we were cold & I was wearing long pants & a jacket. My S - I - L finally spoke to the manager as the waitress refused to do anything. Can't even remember what I ordered, it wasn't very good. I hate diners anyway. Won't be going back.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast on Thursday. Packed. Only one cook we were told. Breakfast finally came and was ok but the water tastes like chlorine and the coffee is undrinkable. I will blame the poor service on the problem with the kitchen staff.. will pass on this place.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

One of the park rangers at Hyde Park recommended this restaurant. He raved about the wide variety of menu options and the huge portions. He was right. There are so many choices on their menu that it took us at least 15 minutes to decide on what to eat. All meals come with soup and/or salad - and as I mentioned, the portions are huge. Food was good- more home-cooking than fine dining. Nothing fancy or intiguing on the menu. Just about every cuisine was covered - pasta, pizza, sandwiches, salads, Mexican, Chinese, childrens and seniors. And, everything came with soup and salad. Just inside the door, there is a large display case of desserts- about 4-5 types of cheesecakes, pies, puddings, pastries, cookies - and mile high cakes. You cannot leave the Palace hungry. Also, while not obvious from the outside parking lot or signage, the Palace does serve alcohol.

We had a very friendly server - who just never seemed to get things right. Tried hard, apologized a lot and was adorable - but scatter-brained.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I had turkey..it was very dry...I noticed that the seafood prices are very high. You can go to a good restaurant and pay these prices. Tablecloths and cloth napkin type restaurants. I like the "old" owners menu.