“A quick lunch stop while on our tour to Cape Cod”
Review of The Palace Diner

The Palace Diner
Ranked #16 of 299 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had a nice lunch at this diner. The hamburgers and fries really hit the spot. Some of us got our food quickly and others took a little longer. The others at our table enjoyed what they had ordered too.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My wife and I choose this restaurant based on location tonight, My wife had a turkey wrap and I ordered Rigatoni with meaty marinara sauce. My wive enjoyed her wrap and said it was tasty. I was quite surprised when my rigatoni arrived as it looked much like spaghetti. In fact it was spaghetti. It was very tasty as we don't return any edible food in a restaurant. The senior special was very economical and the service was good.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My wife and I stopped here for breakfast one morning. The place is huge and was moderately busy. Very clean. We placed our orders and it took a while to get our food. My wife's breakfast was perfect, but my omelette was overcooked and my potatoes were soggy. I stopped eating after a few bites and waited for the server to return, but she was attending other tables. I think one of the owners noticed I wasn't eating and came over. I tried to tell her discretely that the eggs were a bit overcooked and rubbery, not wanting to embarrass her in front of the other customers. She said "RUBBERY?!" in a booming voice that I think could be heard across the parking lot, and everyone in the place looked over, including our server, who had come back to the table. "I"LL MAKE YOU ANOTHER ONE!" and whisk went the plate off the table. It took about 10 minutes to get the new breakfast, but when it came the omelette was perfectly cooked and I got a fresh order of crispy potatoes. Of course, my wife had already finished her breakfast by this time, but we had a good laugh and will have this story to tell for years. Prices are about average for diner breakfast.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

It's a unique property--design, atmosphere. Has outdoor seating but it's not at all nice. Service was friendly but took very long time to get food from the kitchen. Huge menus--including all day breakfast menu. Too much really. OK food. My eggs Benedict looked OK but had no flavor at all. My friend's fish dish smelled way too much like fish (and not very fresh).

OK, saw it, experienced it, but won't be going back.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Went with family for a siblings catch up. Ordered a "dirty" martini. Since when do you have to ask for olives in a gin based martini? We repeatedly asked for the A/C to be turned up or off; we were cold & I was wearing long pants & a jacket. My S - I - L finally spoke to the manager as the waitress refused to do anything. Can't even remember what I ordered, it wasn't very good. I hate diners anyway. Won't be going back.