US$95
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie(Poughkeepsie)
US$127
HIExpress.com
US$122
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$227
US$185
US$144
US$169
US$209
US$111
Mercury Grand Hotel(Poughkeepsie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nightsmall continental breakfastfirst floorcoffee makercable tvsized bedroom was cleanice machineoatmealfront desk staffgreat place to stayrripetmotelplankmicrowavestomping
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Booked the room 2 months prior and quoted a price of $139.99. Was told no email confirmation was required. Upon arrival was told SAME room was $199.99. While the rates were inflated due to local college family weekend, the check-in host went ahead and acknowledged our original price quote. While the outside of the hotel is an eyesore, the room is surprisingly very nice. It is large, clean and well appointed. I would recommend the hotel based on the the recognition of the host to bill us in the original quoted price as well as a clean and comfortable room. BTW this is the only hotel I have ever booked that does not send confirmation email as best practice.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan A
Christel L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Susan A., thank you for posting this review, as we appreciate all feed back. We most certainly do send email confirmations, I apologize if you were told otherwise. We will always honor the rate that the reservation was booked at. I am happy that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. All of our rooms are unusually large, and do include microwaves, refrigerators, in room coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast before you left. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This was the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. Bad smell, smell was so bad I couldn't sleep at night. I booked this hotel last minute, didn't want to spend $50 more a night at a better hotel. I learn my listen. The first night the hotel was full so they could not offer me a different room but the second night there was but they still didn't offer it to me. I assume all the rooms have a bad Oder.

Room Tip: Go with at less a 4 star hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank maychin623
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We ended up here because we booked too late and this was the best option available for a visit we needed to be in Poughkeepsie for. I have not stayed in a Red Roof in over 25 years. I was hopeful that the changes they made would make it ok.

The good: the plank and tile floors in the rooms were nice as I did not get yucked out with carpet most hotels do have. Our rooms were very spacious which was also a huge plus. The two different managers on duty were lovely and did their best to assist us.

The bad: Our first night we were on the first floor and as soon as I walked in at 4pm in the afternoon, I knew it would be bad. I could hear the people up above us walking around their room. We asked right away to move but the hotel was booked. The manager told us we could move the next day. Starting at 1am the neighbors upstairs had a bowling party or something. For an hour and and half, until 2:30am, all we could hear was walking and things dropping. The ceilings on the first floor are not sound proof at all or at least the room in which we were in. I would make sure you are a sound sleeper or at least get a room on the second floor before staying here. When we did move the second night, we were sent to a room that had not been made up form the day before so the manager sent us to yet another room. Again, the managers were very helpful. Third room was fine. Quite at night.

Red Roof has certainly made some improvements, but for $165 a night, I was not pleased. I am not sure if they think it is cute but the mini soaps and tissue packages are outdated and just feel like an old hotel. For the amount of money it costs to stay here, they could continue to make some minor improvements to have it feel mote like a hotel and not the motel I remember it being decades ago.

Room Tip: Second floor only
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank babriatis
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This hotel is in good shape and nicer than many two-star properties. However, the room we were in had serious plumbing problems. When we got up in the morning, we discovered the shower was broken. We called the front desk. The clerk said she would come to our room to check. But no one ever came. We eventually gave up and checked out. The clerk we spoke with at check out said she did not know about the problems we reported and said she would make a note of it. But she seemed unconcerned and didn't offer any compensation for making us leave without being able to shower.

Room Tip: You can hear people walking around upstairs, so go for a second floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank riverpdx
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We ended up at this hotel after we were walked from the nearby Best Western Plus (3-star). Not really comparable, but rooms were tight in this area last night for some reason. Rooms are recently renovated with nice bed and bedding. Good 'extra' pillow. Very spare furnishings with hard floor.
Breakfast is basic. A boys cross-country team pretty much cleaned out all the food when we arrived, but the attendant replaced it promptly. GF -and dairy intolerants will not find much to eat here.
Staff here is responsive. Good for a 2-star hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple