“Easter Buffet”
Review of The Grandview

The Grandview
Ranked #39 of 292 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have wanted to wait on reviewing the Grandview since my Son and Daughter had thier Wedding Reception there and it was such a wonderful night. I thought I was just being caught up in the moment. Yes it might have been the company but recently (today) we went for the Easter Buffet.
Let me first mention the service. We had a table of eight, six adults and two, not yet teenage grandsons. Everyone found something to thier likings at the buffet and honestly enough for seconds and dessert. The waitress for our table was always there to take away the empty plates, refill our drinks if we asked, what ever we needed.
The food: well here is the kicker, I tried to take take a little bit of everything that I liked, and I never really got to it all, but I noticed that all the others in our Party tried doing the same thing, and looked just as satisfied with not only the selection of what we had, but the quality of what was offered. Our Grandsons kept coming back with thier regulars that they liked and something different cause Grandma and Grandpa tried it, and the final agreement was, 'wish I could eat more cause the ... looked good.
Cost: Well I must say that my wife handles our finances and she said that this was a deal considering the service and the amount that everyone ate. The service and the by the way, the view of where we sat.(it was first come first serve) we sat on the river view, and our youngest grandson even commented on the view we had of the River. So
Great Service (even to the Coat check Lady), Great food and what a great place the spend time with family.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

The Grandview is located on the Hudson River and has a terrific view of the river. The banquet room is large and beautifully decorated. The food is excellent from start to finish, and service is top notch. There is so much to choose from at the various buffet stations that no one should ever go away hungry. The French dessert buffet is to die for!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

The place is gorgeous. I enjoyed the appetizers & their signautre drink (something blue with vodka, I think). My steak was really good (nice & fatty - most people don't like fat on their steak so, beware). The service was excellent. The issues began with the desserts. They were only ok & 2 of us at my table ended up with a gastro-intestinal thing & the only thing we ate in common was the cheesecake which, again, was not great. My husband took 1 bite of it, didn't like it & gave it to me. I shouldn't have eaten it!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We went for the Thanksgiving buffet. The food and service was excellent. My only ‘complaint’ is that coffee was not included and was an extra charge.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

A few years ago it was decided to start going out to eat on Thanksgiving instead of cooking. We went to the Grandview and had a great time. We had a table with a gorgeous view of the river and loved the amazing buffett. I am a vegetarian and was a little worried but had no need. There was a huge variety of salads and sides to choose from. The food was delicious, the view was spectacular and there were no dishes! Am looking forward to next year.