“I'll be back”

Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My second trip to this area and I was happy to come back to this hotel. The employees are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are updated , clean and comfy. Linens are very fresh. A great plus, coffee, tea and fresh water available all the time. (Fridge and micro in the room, don't have to ask for them).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear cols210,

Thank you so much for the great review and for being a loyal guest. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms. Each newly renovated room comes standard with a refrigerator,microwave,Keurig coffee machine, safe, 6 USB ports,European outlets, and new 50' inch flat screen television. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I guess I was not expecting a wardrobe to act as a closet. There are none. The bath was very small.

This was my first visit and maybe I am overstating the entire matter. Is a Holiday Inn Express staqy intended to be bare bones ? It was !

Room Tip: $ 10 per night This is my problem, why is this pertinent ?
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi jeffreysY8587CT,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry to learn you did not fully enjoy your overall experience with us. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very close to family and friends while visiting the area. The hotel is also very convenient to eateries and stores and it is also easy assess to colleges in the area.... Vassar College and Marist College.

Room Tip: It has been the same as remembered.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Tiffany C,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel to the local colleges and restaurants. Our newly renovated hotel is in a perfect location when traveling to the Hudson Valley. We hope too see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel due to the funeral of a active duty service member killed due to admitted negligence by the navy. Upon my arrival, I learned that the pool was closed and empty although it was 80 degrees out. There are ZERO handicap spots near the elevator and no outdoor cameras near the elevator entrance. My check in was fine, but since I bring a black light to properties I stay, my room was not cleaned to the price tag of the nightly stay. Upon my advising the front desk staff that the room was not clean, I was told that I was wrong. (1st big no no) I convinced the attendant to give me a new room over looking the empty pool, where at least I could see life and be put into a cleaner room. Although, I was running late to the wake, this running around should have never been done. Upon attempting to inspect the new room, the new key was not activated, although there was cleaning staff in the hallway, they REFUSED to allow me into the room I had proof was mine. 5 times, as a handicap person I had to go to the front desk until I was able to adequately check in. My stay was average although the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful too. But since I would be at the funeral as well as the ceremony, the check out time did not at all work with my stay. Upon asking the front desk attendant for a later check out time and proving the circumstances, she was not able to put on her big girl pants and make any decisions without the manager who would be arriving to the property when I would already be at the funeral. The clerk refused to call the manager or assist me with my needs. Later that morning, the manager came in early and approved the extension to my stay.

I was also disconcerted, that there was NO handicapped parking near the elevators. But I later found out that it is common for people to park between 2 spots, I took a picture of a vehicle and its plates in the act of acting stupid. I feel, if there were cameras as a deterrent as well as handicap parking, this would not be an issue.

Although I did have many issues with the staff, the property and the pool, as the property is priced with these extras in mind and not being available, I feel the price is not desirable, the staff, for the most part, and their attitudes is not desirable. The Manager and her willingness to go above and beyond and the comfort of the beds, made my stay barely acceptable although my total time in the room was less than 5 hours. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear sc3963,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We are saddened that you did not have a good experience and would like to discuss your stay in greater detail, so we can resolve the issues 100%. Please feel free to give us a call at 845-473-1151. We value your comments and will sue them to better our hotel. Thank You.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had reason to visit the Culinary Institute of America and desired nearby housing. Our entire experience with the Holiday Inn Express was positive--from check-in to our room to the hot breakfast to check-out. My husband also made use of the fitness center. We were very comfortable and felt the service was very good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear mommaz75,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our hotel. We offer the best value for lodging in the Poughkeepsie area. Our complimentary hot breakfast with our signature pancakes and cinnamon buns are a perfect way to start out your day. Don't forget to grab our complimentary coffee and tea, available 24/7, on your way out. We look forward to your next trip to the area.