“we love the place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

It was our third visit to this restaurant, and we have never been disappointed. American kitchen with international fusion.A charming old style dining hall. the dishes were different and of high quality (I had special pasta dish, while my wife had very nice pork chops). The service was great! highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Ate outside on a busy Saturday evening. Menu was interesting and creative.

They use some form of team service, so we never figured out who our server was. The females were attentive and helpful. The young man on the team was perfunctory and couldn't be bothered.

My main course arrived before I had finished my appetizer. Rather than take it back to keep it warm in the kitchen, he squeezed it in on the small table. As a result it wasn't as warm as I would have liked.

Overall, food and overall experience were good. Has the potential to be great with some better service training.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Ate outside two Saturdays in advance, food was great service excellent.
Wife had fried artichokes, I had fried Oysters. Wife is Gluten free but no problem.
I can't say enough about what a pleasant place to spend an evening. As I said great service great food.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

A charming Gilded Age Merchant-Ivory inspired interior atmosphere in several rooms with planted outdoor porch & street view cafe seating which is especially enjoyable on a beautiful day.

Watermelon Gazpacho, $10 was light, refreshing & delicious
Burrata, pesto & tomato salad $14 with grilled steak side, add $8 Ordered med.rare. Served well done.
Sparkling water $6

Etensive comfort food menu, seafood.
Interesting dessert menu. Classic Creme Brulee, Cheesecake, Brownie with Hazelnut ice cream, Spanish Flan.

Full bar. Romantic lighting.

Street parking.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here the other day for dinner and it was awful. I'll try to break it down by atmosphere, service, food and price.

Atmosphere: I can only comment on the outside since that's where we sat. We love outside seating so they get high marks here, but that's where the positive ends.

Service: The service was not very good. A guy came over to pour water and didn't say a word, we weren't sure if he was just giving water or taking orders or what. Sort of uncomfortable. Maybe a "Hello, I'll start you off with some water and your server will be right with you.". Our actual server was friendly, but things were slow and at one point asked my wife if she wanted another glass of wine, which she said yes. However, the wine never came. Lost out since this was like a $12 glass.

Food: Awful, and that's being kind. I got a salad to start and it was OK except for the big thick black hair, which actually looked like a pubic hair. I sent it away, she said she would tell the chef. If it were me, as the chef I would have personally come out with an apology and offered a drink or something. The chef did nothing. We should have left at that point. My wife ordered the cast iron steak, ordered it rare in the hopes it would come medium rare. Almost no pink in the middle, unacceptable and not sure how a 'chef' would serve this. I had the sole, which tasted OK, but the veggies were cold and it was the crappiest cut of sole you have ever seen.

Price:. Way too expensive for the quality of the food. Two entrees and a glass of wine was almost 70 bucks! It was worth about 10. I think a steak at the Outback would be 100 times better and a third the price.

Bottom line, avoid this place. There are so many other top notch places in Rhinebeck to go to.

Been to Liberty? Share your experiences!