We found this hotel through vrbo.com for extended stays.The reviews were very good so we booked a four night stay. Our hotel room was on the first floor and was very large with two queen beds and a twin bed, hardwood floors, wood walls, and a nice view of the lake. There are five of us so this was really perfect for us. Our breakfast was included and out of this world! The kids got hot chocolate, we got orange juice and coffee and we all had omelets with homemade biscuits and fried potatoes and all the fixings, with fresh strawberries. Complete price was $175/night with breakfast.
The view from the deck is spectacular. A relaxing evening of drinks and the flickering of the boat lights off the lake made the trip complete. We are looking forward to next years visit already. I don't think you could ask for any better treatment than what the staff at this hotel gave each of us. Diane, the manager, loves to talk about the history of the Lake House including the gangsters that used it as a speakeasy during prohibition and the ghosts that are often seen.This hotel is located outside of Richfield Springs and has lovely grounds surrounding the lake.Our favorite part, Stargazing next to the lake in one of the lounge chairs. Thanks for the memories !
Sam, Kathy, Richard, Ruth, Nancy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs