This place should be condemned. On arrival the manager could barely lift his head up from eating to check us in. The main lobby area looks like a hoarder's home.
We were then shown to a small cabin-cramped (barely enough room to walk around the beds), dark, damp and smelly. The sheets were dirty and appeared used. Loud music blared from speakers near the lake, the only nice part of the place but too noisy to enjoy.
We could not stay. We told the manager we were leaving and he simply ignored us.
Please don't consider staying here unless your alternative is sleeping in your car, and maybe not even then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs