Because of traffic we were arriving a little after 9. We called and were told that we would be fined if we were even a little after 9. We pushed hard and arrived at 8:57. When we arrived, the office and property gave the distinct impression that hoarders were about. The cabin faced the lake but you could only see the dilapidated trailer parked just feet from the door followed by another dilapidated trailer with high weeds all about. Inside, the cob webs on the lamp shades, bugs on the floor and very nasty broom and black with dirt dustpan greeted us. We might as well have been with the folks in the next cabin with only a board between us, we could hear bathroom activity, all conversation and intimate everything. The window air conditioner could only put air into the room if you propped back the curtain. That meant that anyone could see in. We arrived at night and the next morning saw that the view out the window was trash. I awoke with spider bites and my husband saw a spider crawling just up from my bed. The thing called a television was a computer screen on a table. This place has great potential as the property sits right on the water but it is just horrible under the current owner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs