All reviews scallops bolognese comfortable beds bagels across the street front desk alberto expanding bedroom vineyards aquarium
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We went there because we wanted to try someplace new . watched it being built and the menu looked yummy It was on a familiar site and I wanted to see hat they did with it . the menu was good but not expansive . we will go there again

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Charles G
Jennifer P, Owner at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hello Charles,

We want to thank you for such a kind review. Looking forward to seeing you in the dining room very soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I surprised my wife with a random night out in the island for her birthday. I told her to pack a dress and a bathing suit and took her out east. I decided to get a room at the Preston House and Hotel. I spoke to Alberto, the Assistant General Manager prior to check in. He made sure everything was perfect. Lina at the front desk (great personality!) checked us into a gorgeous king bedroom suite! Polished concrete floors, beautiful marble bathroom with a shower/tub, floor to ceiling windows etc! Very nicely decorated with a modern touch! The staff even left a complimentary bottle of wine and a lovely letter wishing my wife a happy birthday! Thank you Alberto!
We almost didn't even want to leave the room!
We decided to get dinner on property at the Preston House. A renovated Civil War veterans house with an AMAZING wine cellar inside. It's a sophisticated, modern American cuisine restaurant with a great executive chef. I got the strip steak and my wife got the lump crab with a "green goddess" sauce that was amazing! Farod our waiter made sure our drinks and stomachs were never empty! Jen (the manager) was great and catered to our needs!
We headed back to our room after an amazing dinner and had the greatest nights sleep both of us have had in a while. Such comfortable beds!
The next day, I took my wife across the street to the Hyatt Place which is another great property! Right behind them is Treasure Cove Marina. I suprised my wife once again with a kayak trip down the Peconic River (must do!) Talk to Chelsea if you want to set that up! She's great!
It was an amazing night out, catered by amazing people! Thank you to all the staff at the Preston House and Hotel! You made my wife's birthday a memorable one!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matty B
Steven S, General Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Matty B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community and I am so glad that you were able to celebrate such a great occasion with us. It looks like you planned an awesome get away and were able to enjoy many of the great amenities that we have to offer. Thank you for this feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to create more memories with you and your wife!

Regards,

Steven Shauger

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a day at the wineries. Our dinner was excellent. The service was exceptional. The meals were all great! It was a nice surprise to find this great new place! Good menu and good drinks!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roslyn28wantagh

Thank you so much for a thoughtful review! We are looking forward to seeing you in the dining room again very soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had no experience with the Hotel save to say that it’s public spaces appeared clean, smart, fresh and upbeat. The Restaurant housed in it’s front parlor with the bar space opening out to a lovely veranda (overlooking the LI Aquarium!) is quite a departure for a more traditionally-styled town looking to modernize its image. If the rest of it all does as well as The Preston, things are looking up. The menu is not very extensive, but quite interesting, the Chef is a tad adventurous in a good way (the braised pork shoulder and the unusual gazpacho were RE-markable) and the staff is pleasant, eager, attentive and accommodating. In all it is well worth a trip, though one caveat: it IS a bit pricey, especially for the environs. Such is the way of modernity!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Marc,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought out review of The Preston House and Hotel! Hoping to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We stayed at The Preston for Memorial Day Weekend. Stayed in both a studio and a 1-bedroom. Both were fantastic. Clean and spacious with high ceilings and big windows. Fabulous modern bathrooms, both with showers and a big soak tub in the 1-bedroom. Couldn't have enjoyed the modern amenities more. I love concrete flooring so I enjoyed the hard surface.

Alberto was fantastic as the host of the hotel. He managed the front desk, kept the complimentary continental breakfast filled with fantastic bagels, fruits, fresh OJ and even made cappuccinos and lattes upon request. Moreso, he was a very pleasant guy. He's from Italy which made the place feel like a European hotel. I love Europe, so this was a plus. Thanks Alberto.

We also ate at the restaurant. Pricey, yes. But the steak I had was perfect. Peppery and cooked just as I like it. Not too salty. It came with fries and asparagus. Terrific. Although I didn't taste it, my friend had the scallops and loved them, too.

The Italian Lavazza espresso maker in the room and the Lindt chocolates left on the bed were an added bonus. Plus, the ceramic Lavazza espresso cups and the (forgot the brand, but expensive) bath robes and slippers showed the care these folks put into making your stay an experience, rather than a boring stay.

I loved it here.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ei1pub

Dear ei1pub,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Preston House & Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations and had a special experience while staying with us. We have a lot of wonderful amenities and after reading your review it looks like you were able to enjoy many of them! I also appreciate your kind words about Alberto and will be sure to celebrate this feedback with him. Thanks again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Regards,