“Great Family Restaurant”

Jerry & The Mermaid
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Open Seven Days a Week Year Round. Located directly next to the Hyatt Place East End Hotel and Atlantis Long Island Aquarium! Just minutes from Tanger Outlets and a short drive to the Hamptons or LI wine country. Arrive by car or by boat using one of Jerry's complimentary docking slips!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had a delightful dinner with my two toddlers - staff was helpful and very friendly, and I was so tired. When my 3-year old starting singing Happy Birthday, the owner came out with ice ream and a candle. Great place.

1  Thank bobo62479

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We had a large work group and went here for dinner. We had the stuffed grouper special and a watermelon drink special. Also, they had toasted coconut creme brûlée for the special dessert which was amazing. We talked to Jerry and told him that the toasted coconut creme brûlée should be a regular item on the menu. Excellent service, excellent food and a wonderful experience. We would love to go back again in the future!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Jerry and the Mermaid. Mediocre food at best and VERY expensive drinks. Not much atmosphere and can get very loud and rowdy. Would not go back. Unfriendly bartenders, they act like they don't care if you enjoy your experience there or not.
Don't waste your time or %$

1  Thank CnTsMom
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant based on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor. We had the opportunity to sit outside, which was a nice option on a late spring day. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. The calamari was good. The cheeseburgers were cooked to perfection (maybe over-marinated as they were a bit salty) and the waffle fries were crispy (and a little bit on the greasy side). Would come again and try one of the seafood dishes.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We went here for lunch after stopping at the aquarium to pay for my daughters wedding. The lunch was great and the staff was very friendly so we couldn't wait until after the wedding to come back for karaoke again and have the same friendly staff. Sorry to say this was not the case. While the owner was very friendly, the wait staff was not very personable to say the least. I am not giving a bad review because the lunch we had and our first opinion was awesome so I'm just hoping the unfriendly waitstaff was having an off day. Unfortunately this situation made my rating only a very good and that is being generous. Hopefully you have the awesome wait staff that we had in the afternoon. Don't know if I would return for this reason.

Date of visit: June 2018
foodieforlifeNewYork, Owner at Jerry & The Mermaid, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Doris,
Thanks for your recent patronage and for bringing that issue to my attention. I will take your comments into consideration and appreciate you expressing your opinion. I'm sure the staff member was having an off day, which is no excuse. My staff tends to be extremely friendly and overly attentive to their guests needs. I only say this, because that is what I have been told by countless customers. I hope you visit us sometime soon so we can prove that to you. Regardless, thanks for the review and for helping spread the word about Jerry's.
Regards,