“An anniversary dinner with my love and "fiddleheads"”
Review of Lento

Lento
Reserve with OpenTable
Lento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,313 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave.
Reviewed 1 June 2016

We went on a Tuesday night with $1 oysters - always a treat - the server was very knowledgeable and friendly - a professional!

We had fiddleheads on our honeymoon and they are the only place in Rochester that we found them - they were prepared as a side dish with garlic and were in the ravioli - so good. The menu is all fresh and local were possible! The charcuterie was world class - local cheeses and then an amazing lamb and fig terrine!

A great evening!

1  Thank RBoyd585

Reviewed 28 April 2016

I love this place and love the oysters!!! Food is creative and staff attentive. Just wish the art on the walls was a bit more interesting given how lovely the restaurant is.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Seriously love this restaurant and if it was a little cheaper I'd go in the time!

I love how the menu is always changing. I haven't had a bad meal yet. The duck poutine is out of this world. So freaking amazing. It's nice being able to bring in your own wine as that keeps the cost down and you can spend more on the amazing food!

So... step one. Go. Step two. Order the duck poutine. Step three. Be adventurous and try someone you wouldn't normally try! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Had a nice 'let's get out of the house " dinner last Saturday at Lento. They specialize in "farm to table ": ingredients. Waited about 15 min. at the bar after our reservation. My wife and I each ordered a specialty cocktail. They were just fair in terms of taste, $12 ea.
Enjoyed a selection from the charcuterie for appetizer. Served with delicious crusty bread and whole grain mustard. We selected 3 items. The lamb bacon was ok but the seafood terrine and mortadella were very good. We shared a beet salad with creamy chevre and pistachios. Greens from Hilton's own Bolton Farms!. FOr main dishes I had the venison burger served with an optional duck egg over easy on top. The meat was rich and delicious and made even richer by the egg yolk, which tastes even creamier than a chicken egg. It came with some nice crispy fries and homemade ketchup. My wife had a spicy sausage over polenta. Also delicious. Too full for dessert but they have homemade ice cream. Extensive wine list with many Finger Lakes wines. Servers were attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Lento has excellent food that is well-presented, but if you are dining with a person with an allergy to seafood or dairy, you will encounter a hostile chef unwilling to accommodate. The ambiance is good, the service is attentive.