“Bar not restaurant.”

Murphy's Law
Ranked #297 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped on a Sunday afternoon to eat, had perused the menu prior to our visit and was looking forward to local, not real but decent Irish dishes. Ordered Irish stew in a bread bowl. Received a large flat bowl of barley stew, no discernible vegetables, approx 3 small pieces of meat and no bread bowl. Asking our server where the bread bowl was as it was stated "oh, we stopped that a while ago". The food tasted very good just not as advertised. Have had Irish stew many places, including Ireland, and this was essentially Dinty Moore!

Go there with the understanding this is a bar that serves some food.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Murphy's law was walking distance from my hotel and I was in the mood for a Guinness and some comfort food. Had the French onion soup (good to very good) a starter salad (fresh and nicely prepared) and the sheperds pie (very good). Guinness was at the correct temperature and in the correct glass served with a smile. Sheperds pie in the US is rarely made with lamb as it should be but this one was and was excellent.
Will certainly be back when on my frequent business trips to Rochester.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Again & again this place doesn't disappoint! Rueben's are amazing & HUGE! Really nice selections of beers on tap. We try to visit twice a year when we are in town. We'll be back!

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

The food was great, but there was a bit of a wait. The waitress was nice. The atmosphere was OK, if you like bars. I came in for the Sheppard Pie, but they were out, so I got Bangers & Mash instead. Very tasty. Other than them keeping my 96 cents change... I did not want to quibble over it.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

Lively bar/restaurant with Irish food. Quite active a little loud for my taste, but it was nice. Waitress Stephanie was friendly, quick and accommodating.