“The "balls" are amazing!”
Review of Skylark Lounge

Skylark Lounge
Ranked #270 of 1,313 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Skylark has a great beverage selection and satisfies everyone. The "balls" are a variety of meatballs that are simply delicious. There are also yummy sides to go with you meatball selection. This is also a music venue and simply does not disappoint.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This Lounge is VERY casual, 'homey' and unassuming. Don't expect a glitzy and flashy restaurant. It's a neighborhood bar. But their meatballs are the best in town! And they are served with several dipping sauces.
It is quiet for good conversation and has a friendly bartending staff. There is a large selection of draft and bottled beers, along with liquors.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

During the great fourth of July last yr (2015) my good friend and I went to this place we had visited once before (adding two experiences in one review here).

A few months prior, we went on Kentucky Derby day. We walked in not knowing this place was here. It used to be something different (an LGBT bar?) but, whatever... we walked in to see what was new with the new name. Not a gay bar I don't think now... but who cares if it is.

Pretty awesome low key decor. Then I saw the menu. Had the meatballs. And a few other items. Oh my! Awesome.

So, fast forward to July 4th, we all headed downtown and walked in to get a beer and it was packed with a pretty good crowd of all sorts of people. Hippies, business, etc.

We stayed only a little while as we had to meet family for fireworks 20 min walk away.

This place is really awesome. I dont live near there anymore (Suburbs) but when I do go to the fireworks this yr, I will be visiting.

Pros: Awesome beer selection (not huge, but good stuff - interesting flavors) - FOOD! Meatballs... just try it - you will be back.
Cons: They have no TVs. Its a rule the owner told me. Interestingly, that day we walked in for first time, the owners dragged out a small flat screen tv with a mangled antenna, and they watched the kentucky derby. So, don't look for meatballs and stanley cup finals..or superbowl. Ain't happening.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

One of my favorite spots in Rochester for sure! It is never too crowded, so it's always easy to get a drink, plus the bartenders are always friendly. They have a full bar with a wide selection of options ranging from: Fernet-Branca, Basil Hayden's, Laphroaig to cheap well drink specials. Same with beer, they usually have some quality micro-beers in bottles and on draft, but you can also get a cheap Schmidt in a can.

Their jukebox is hands down the best in Rochester! A few of my go to favorites are: Modern Lovers, Elvis Presley, Super Fly Soundtrack, The Tornadoes and Ricky Nelson (Pulp Fiction Soundtrack), Raw Power, and Master of Reality. There are tons more amazing selections though that I am not mentioning in this review.

Food is always great, I would go for the sliders on a roll so you can try em all. I usually get veggie sliders, 1 with pesto and 1 with roasted red pepper. All the sides are good also.

Also, smoking patio in the back so you can drink that beer and still have a smoke at the same time.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

The juke box has great choices, the beers are eclectic, the meatballs are outstanding. You do not need to know anything more! I've enjoyed every item on the menu, its all delicious! Friendly people, great atmosphere, cool vibe!