“The Bartender is great Entertainment”
Review of Cure

Cure
Ranked #61 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 585-563-7941
Reviewed 12 December 2015

We went there on a Saturday night, we were doing the drink and an appetizer tour in the area. The bartender was very accommodating in coming up with a non-alcoholic drink that tasted fantastic, didn't make me miss the alcohol at all. We had 2 appetizers and loved them both. It's a fun, funky little place for something different.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I was excited that our friend picked cure for dinner since I have been wanting to try it. It is a drive for me so I have not gone except now that there was an occasion . My husband and I, our friend and his wife and 2 teen aged kids comprised our party. It was on a Sunday night. We made reservation and good thing we did because the place was packed. It is a hang out for young professional crowd and the feel and vibe was upbeat. Our server was efficient albeit a bit hurried since it was busy. We did not feel rushed though and we were able to eat dinner in a relaxed way. My husband ordered the chicken special. He liked it, he said it was tasty but it was on the small side. He is not a big eater so when he felt it was small...
I ordered the La Joute which was a braised pork belly with vegetable. It came in an iron pot which was a nice and different way to present it and I liked the presentation. However, the pork belly came in one long piece , I felt it needed more time to braise and could be more tender. It had a lot of liquid which felt more like a soup than a stew. It also had some cabbage, carrots, and some other vegetables. It was a bit bland and not that interesting. I tried everyone's meal. The stuffed sole was good, but again, average. The steak was ok, the bahn mi was good and tasty and the best meal for me was the moules frites. The mussels were cooked perfect with the subtle taste of white wine and garlic. The frites were done right, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside .Delicious! We had crème brulee and a kind of sponge cake served with crème anglaise. The cake was a bit dry but could have benefitted with more of the crème but they only place a tiny bit of it, it left me wanting for more creme. The brulee was ok too. All in all, I felt that the food was just average. I was a bit disappointed because I've heard good things about cure. It just did not measure up to my expectations. The price is reasonable. By the looks of it, it is a popular place. The atmosphere is lively, the table was comfortable. I will go back just to have appetizers, I'm interested in the bone marrow and pate. And i'll get the mussels again.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I noticed Cure had a poached pear dessert on their Menu du Voyageur which is their French prix fixe menu on Thursdays, as a lover of dessert I decided to stop in just for this item. The pear was delightful with a wonderful crème anglaise.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We have eaten in a number of Rochester restaurants, and this small, hip spot in the city's Public Market rises to the top. The menu is limited and his heavily oriented toward fish and meet, included more challenging fair such as bone marrow and pate, but there is something for everyone, especially meat eater. They cure their own meats at the restaurants, hence the name of the restaurant, with great condiments like special mustards and other toppings. Service is great. Drinks are excellent. It is the rare "cool" spot in Rochester, and we feel very comfortable there.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

We love Good Luck and had wanted to try Cure's Prix Fixe menu for a while. My French husband and I both have a food background. We chose the prix fixe Thursday because few places do anything like that (with wine pairing).
My brother and his wife also came (also Good Luck fans). First I have to say I am a small person with a small appetite. I don't care for huge portions, I prefer quality and taste over quantity.
This was a disappointment all around, except for the very friendly and knowledgeable service.
Portions were all appetizer size, including the main dish, and nothing was "wow" factor at all. My husbands pork ragout was with pieces of very fatty, unchewable meat in a very small soup bowl. My Loup (fish) was decent but very ordinary. The crusted warm goat cheese was very good. Overall, none of us was impressed.
The place is cool, great vibe, love that they didn't blast the AC on a warm evening but left the doors open so it really felt like a French bistro (a few flies to swat away, but I prefer that to closed doors and freezing AC).
Wine was excellent. My husband did give feedback on the ragout and to compensate she brought us one of each dessert. Apricot tart was like a cake...eh, and the creme brulee had a perfect torched crust in a shallow dish but the custard was gelatinous instead of creamy. Still the flavor was great.
Wanted to love this place and probably will try again, NOT a prix fixe menu. I was satisfied but the guys left very hungry (neither of whom are huge men) and each couple spent over $90.
Overpriced for value and quality.
That said, we will probably try just the regular menu another time.