“Nice Park Avenue venue”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Ate here last night for a Christmas get together with family. Good selections on the menu. I had the veggie burrito. It was the perfect size and very tasty. We sat in one of the wooden booths. Though they made for charming decor, the bench seats became uncomfortable, and I ended up standing for a bit. Maybe the design is intentional to keep moving the patrons through on busy nights. Parking lot is challenging. Not a lot of spaces. Also felt vulnerable walking to my car alone in the dark. There is a sign saying there is video surveillance, but the lot is not very well lit, and I felt uneasy. Bottom line - I would come again. I like the atmosphere and location. Guess I'd come in the spring and summer months when there is more daylight.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Had been to Hogans for lunch many times but decided to do dinner with my Mom while shopping next door at Parkleigh. Ate up front with a pretty view of Park Ave and the place was nice an quiet and quaint inside. Small but nice variety of craft beer and wine selection. My Mom had Pasta (Fettucini) with Summer Veggies and grilled chicken that was delicious and sizeable portion. Dinners come with choice of soup or salad. There is also a bar and eating area there. Not cheap but reasonable and a nice atmosphere. Service was good.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and we're happy with the ambiance and promptness of service. The food was tasty, but a bit pricey for the quantity we received.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Enjoyed the "vibe" of this place and the variety on the menu. Prices were reasonable. Food was good. Loved the veggie (lentil) burger. Good choices on the menu for vegetarians. Service was good as well.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Hogan's has continued to press ahead with food that is not only good (and usually healthy), but unusual as well. For dinner I had a chicken breast that was brined in apple cider, which was particularly tasty, juicy, and nicely served over a bed of different kinds of legumes and tomato ragu. It was one on the specials written onto the bulletin board in the dining room, which I recommend reviewing before placing your order.

There were two "negatives" about this visit: the first was that they were out of the first three kinds of soup I wanted. The second was that our server brought out the meals for my wife and me, but didn't immediately bring out our daughter's dinner. I can understand this for a minute or two, but there was a 5-10 minute lag between the two trips to the table. We would much rather they waited and brought all three dinners out at the same time rather than leave one person waiting. (We wouldn't have started our meals without hers anyway, so ours just sort of sat there getting cool.) But service was very good besides that.

This was a very good meal, and even the dessert (ordered by our daughter...a thick chocolate cake) was fabulous. They were out of her first choice, which was the rhubarb pie. Come to think of it, they were out of lots of stuff! Still, a good meal.