“Great lunch and even better service”
Review of Hogans Hideaway

Hogans Hideaway
Ranked #225 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had lunch at Hogan's Hideaway yesterday for the first time since it re-opened. My friend and I were both very pleasantly surprised. The hostess set the tone from the minute we walked into the restaurant. Then our waiter was fantastic. Very professional and efficient from the start until the end.

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before I stopped by yesterday as the negative reviews might have dissuaded me. Yes, the menu isn't huge but I've always been of the opinion that I'd rather have fewer options that they did really well versus a million options that are just blah. I had the Latin burger and it was amazing. Seriously amazing. I want to go back and get it again. It didn't look all that great but wow was the taste there. I kept trying to figure out what it was that set it apart. It will definitely require a repeat visit to figure it out! My friend got a sad that she said was very good. Looking at it, though, it had some enormous greens that seemed a little odd to me. Like they needed to be cut up as they were too big to just shovel in your mouth. She was not put off by it at all and said it was tasty.

We will return.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

If it hadn't been for our pleasant waiter we would have given this restaurant 2 stars. We also lucked out by getting a table near the large window bc as the restaurant filled, it became incredibly loud (it's an old building).
The menu is amazingly limited with prices on the high side. (My whiskey + water was $8 and my husband's Manhattan $11.50.)
Since our visit, we've been told the restaurant is more of a neighborhood place where locals can easily walk -- to see & be seen.
We were not impressed with the food, but we did share a Caesar salad which was very good.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Hogans has been a great spot on Park Ave for years. Unfortunately the new owners have kept the name, but they didn't keep many menu items that made this place special.

No "Rowley Reuben"? This was one of the best Reuben's in Rochester, but it is no more. "Hoganstrone Soup" also gone! I had a one of their burgers which occupies a good portion of the menu. I expected a signature dish, but I received an overdone grey tasteless hunk of meat on a good bun. It was very disappointing. The place is renovated with a new downstairs bar that looks great. Hopefully the new owners will bring back some items that kept Hogans going for years, but if quality isn't kept at a premium, they are headed for failure.

Park Ave. has many better restaurants so they really need to get in gear to keep up. I wish them the best, but get a better game plan guys!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I agree with others who said the menu was limited (albeit with some very nouveau cuisine) - and on the $$$ side. It's not the old Hogans. The hoganstrone was not quite the same. We went for an early dinner - before 5 and the floor was pretty yucky. Guessing lunch leftovers. A little "uppity" for us.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

I thought I would try out the "New Hogans"- The menu is basic and limited- It is on the pricey side for what they serve- My friend and I both ordered salads- Very mediocre at best- Lunch with 2 salads and two glasses of wine was over $50.00