“Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 1987, Michael's Valley Grill serves up everything from steak to seafood in a casual, upscale atmosphere. Come on in!
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I picked Michales for our anniversary dinner. The inside is nicely decorated and it appears they have live music from time to time. The bread with spicy pesto butter ( I think that’s what it was called) was really good. My husband had a strip steak and mashed potatoes ( he loved the potatoes) and the steak was good too. I ordered the chicken french, the chicken was cooked perfect and the sauce had great flavor. We ordered three deserts to close out the night. The waffle ice cream sandwich was the special for the night and it was great, it has Carmel gelato in the middle. All of the staff was very friendly and everything was really responsible priced.

1  Thank Terra I
Priscilla P, Owner at Michael's Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Terra, we're thrilled that you and your husband had a delicious time celebrating you anniversary with us. Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to have you two back again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Never ate here before. Drove up and saw an unassuming store front restaurant and had my doubts. However, we were pleasantly surprised! Very well appointed setting for our group of 10 diners. Service was attentive and informative. Menu though not extensive had a nice variety of choices in the Italian vein. Abundant portions between the salad and entree. We passed on dessert. We would definitely visit again and would highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank Jack B
Priscilla P, Owner at Michael's Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

We're delighted that your first visit was a pleasant surprise, Jack! Thank you for the fantastic review. We would love to have you back again if you're ever in our neck of the woods again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I have been begging to go to dinner here for so many reasons! I haven’t been able to get here in a bit but it’s truly always exceptional! You are always met by Michael or his lovely wife Priscilla the owners when you check in! Right off the bat you feel special! The ambience is perfect! You wouldn’t know the restaurant was in this plaza for sure. I suppose that’s what makes getting there such a great thing! I was taken there and I will forever be thankful. The food is always top notch! I never have to question my choices because they are always spot on during my visits. I have been a server for nearly 20 years and in all fairness to the foodies or out of towners that visit my establishment I always make this a necessary stop suggestion in the Rochester area! I cannot wait to get back

Priscilla P, Owner at Michael's Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

We're always so happy to see you, Gina! Thank you for sharing a little bit about what makes our place so special to you. We can't wait to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The food is exquisite. Thursday night live band music is relaxing. The atmosphere is relaxing but classy. The food is outstanding. Service spectacular. We will keep coming back.

Priscilla P, Owner at Michael's Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

We're so happy you love what we do here! Thank you for appreciating some of the things that make our place special. It's always a pleasure having you dine with us. - Michael & Priscilla P., Owners

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The effort is thoughtful, handmade, high in quality and plentiful. But the reason for the hesitation is that, for the second out of three times visited, there was a consistent taste imbalance issue in the sauce—undercooked wine addition at the last or too much acid added at the end. It’s just not the perfect savory blend one expects, but rather the sense that things got hurried which compromises the marrying of flavors.

Priscilla P, Owner at Michael's Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Margaret, while we appreciate that you took the time to enjoy some of the things that make our place special, we apologize that some elements of your meals were a little off in your book. We appreciate the feedback, though, and will continue to learn and grow. We hope everything comes out just perfect on your next visit.