“My Favorite Breakfast Restaurant”

Char Broil Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 1,373 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Deli, Greek
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I just noticed that I had never reviewed the Char Broil restaurant on Monroe Ave in the Town of Brighton, New York. How could I have been so neglectful to not rate my favorite Breakfast restaurant.

I usually eat here twice a month and I do so with my younger brother and we talk for a couple of hours about everything going on in our lives. Now why is this important for me to bring this up? It's because of how great the the servers are about being patient and understanding that we monopolize a booth for so long. We reward this kindness with very fat tips.

The breakfast food at the Char Broil is hands down the best. Imaginative orders, good quality selections, always served hot and abundant. The servers are super friendly and treat treat patrons like old friends. I can't say enough about this place.

Now I've never eaten dinner at the Char Broil but from what I've seen of the dinner menu, the food must be equally as good.

You see an awful lot of seniors at the Char Broil. Usually when we get to be seniors we get very picky and fussy about our food an service. It is obvious that the Char Broil knows just how to satisfy everyone.

I've rated the Char Broil Excellent! I would rate it higher if I could.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Did not want to do McDonald's for breakfast on our way home. Daughter suggested this place near her and we are glad we went. Good food, good service, very friendly cashier ( I believe she was the owner) Plenty of people poping in to eat. No pressure. Just quiet breakfast....

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

The Char Broil Family Restaurant is just off of Interstate 590 just beyond the the Monroe Avenue west exit. It is an upbeat property with a great menu and courteous staff. The name threw us off a bit since it sounds like that of a steak house! But their menu offerings are quite comprehensive. We were immediately impressed with the fall season specials added to the menu. The pumpkin soup with whipped cream was something we had never seen or tasted before. It was a treat - practically a desert. It was a Friday and we had fish fry on our minds. But then I saw three types of Broiled Haddock. I opted for it Cajun style and it was a real treat. It comes with a choice of two sides - so the pumpkin soup was one and the salad bar the other. Now the salad bar had items which were cool and crisp. My wife had a traditional fish fry and loved it. We highly recommend stopping in. We timed our arrival for after the lunch hour in the early afternoon and had no wait.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The Char Broil has been on Monroe Avenue for decades and it had been at least two decades since I had visited. A friend suggested we go there for lunch and what I found was not the Char Broil of old. The huge parking are was full and with cars circling, the inside had clearly been expanded and handled the large crowd easily. Turn-over was steady and the wait line moved quickly with the help of staff.

Most importantly, the place was spacious, clean and well staffed with friendly and helpful people.I wanted only a simple sandwich and ordered a tuna on white. When I declined chips, I was offered sliced carrots which was a perfect option for me. The sandwich was delicious and plentiful and made for a very plesant dining experience.

I will return!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I eat at the Char Broil on Monroe ave. Breakfest is plentiful and very good. Not the most inexpensive place, but well worth the extra dollar you might pay. Staff is friendly, and is very clean inside.