“Unplanned visit - nice surprise”
Review of Mt Hope Diner

Mt Hope Diner
Ranked #218 of 1,329 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stopped by for breakfast as our usual place was closed due to power outage; was busy but no wait; lots of families/groups there creating pleasant din; mix of booths and tables; Wait staff responsive and friendly; nice array of breakfast options - eggs, omelets, pancakes/waffles. Home fries were tasty - cooked onions.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I grew up in Rochester, and on a trip back, had been telling my family about the multitude of great diners. We hit up Mt. Hope for breakfast because I'd been there as a kid and it was near our hotel. It did not disappoint. Friendly staff, good food. Everyone liked what they ordered. One of my sons would have preferred the bread for the French toast to be challah or Texas toast, but he's just picky. It was a nice, thick sandwich bread (oh, and that didn't stop said son from eating it all up!). Also, you get an option of homefries with or without onions, which is nice. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

We stop in here when we are in the area for my dad's appointments. The food is good, staff is friendly. We never have to wait for a table or our food.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

My wife and I stopped in to have lunch away from the hospital. Excellent selection of food, and it was delicious. Service was good as well.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We went on Sunday of RIT's family weekend, kmowing that Jay's Diner would be mobbed. Mt. Hope is closer to U of R; Jay's is closer to RIT. We were a party of five but were asked to sit at a larger table so they could serve us sooner. (OK by me!) Our order was taken in a reasonable amount of time and our beverages were served promptly. Then the manager very politely asked us to move to a smaller table (before our meals were served) so they could seat a larger party. Again ok by me since it was hard for the 5 of us to talk comfortably across the large table. One order of eggs benedict, one order of French toast, two kinds of quiche, and an order of blueberry pancakes. Waitress returned to say they had sold out of the quiche I had ordered so I changed to eggs, bacon, home fries and toast. The blueberry pancakes were huge and tasty. My youngest seemed to enjoy his French toast. (The syrup is not real maple, a small disappointment.) One side of home fries was forgotten and had to be requested a second time, the other was supposed to have onion in it but didn't. Scrambled eggs were nicely done and not too wet or dry. Toast came pre-buttered and was a bit soggy almost like it had been steamed after being toasted - maybe kept in a covered warmer? It was also burnt around the edges. On the plus side they kept coffee and water glasses filled and waitstaff were very fast albeit a bit harried, they're really busy on Sundays. Some of the specials sounded good including two that featured chorizo. Basic breakfast items were inexpensive and serving sizes are average to large.