“Authentic”

Nam Vang
Ranked #699 of 1,386 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Being Vietnamese myself and growing up with a Vietnamese family, I'm very knowledgeable about the cuisine. I also have a bad habit of being extremely picky when dining in Vietnamese restaurants.
Pho in my opinion is probably the most popular dish from Vietnam. Having tried Pho from many different Vietnamese restaurants around Rochester, I've never really had a good experience. From all the places I've been, this is by far the best I've found. Comparing Mom's home-cooking to this restaurant, the food comes pretty close. The broth is very flavorful, and there's a generous amount of various meats. I absolutely love how this place doesn't cut the meat paper thin and this is the first time I was really enjoying my bowl of Pho.
Mom got the Com Suon (Rice Platter). I tried the meat and it was surprisingly moist, and very tasty. One thing that impressed me is they actually use the correct 'com tam' which is a smaller grain of rice for this dish.
We also started with the Goi du du tom which is the papaya salad which was also very close to how we make it at home.
A good word to describe this restaurant is authentic. Of course this restaurant isn't much to look at from the outside nor inside, but food wise, it really is the best Vietnamese restaurant I've encountered.

3  Thank Vincent C