“Big Busy Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I chose this hotel for my business trip as it was the preferred hotel by my company. I hadn't realized that it was located directly in the heart of the downtown section of Rochester.

The hotel staff was very friendly, and the room was adequately sized. I did find a long blonde hair on my bed, that I assume belonged to the maintenance staff, but other than that the room seemed clean and tidy.

I was on the 10th floor, facing the river and had a spectacular view across the city including the "Kodak" building. The hotel is located next to the convention center, which really didn't help me at all as I was not going there, I'm just mentioning it for location. I went for a walk in the evening of the first night that I checked in so that I could find a restaurant, and after walking for about 20 minutes I seemed to be in a bit of a run down section of the city - due to the number of closed business locations that I passed. I also did not find a restaurant that suited by tastes, and in fact only saw about 4 or 5 restaurants in my travels. I returned to the hotel and stopped at a Subway on the way back. I'm just not a "downtown" type person so I felt out of place and not entirely comfortable.

I had breakfast at the hotel both days, and the food was excellent, and the service was adequate and friendly.

The first night I was there I think there was a wedding occurring due to the amount of people I saw dressed up roaming the halls. This didn't disturb my sleep.

The second night I was there, there was a "future business leaders of america" conference happening, and the hotel was overrun with 100's of high school students. They were not rowdy, but did tend to tie up the elevators constantly, as well as were up late roaming the halls.

Neither of these are things about the hotel, but it does tie into how big and busy the hotel seems to be during weekdays.

Overall my stay was pleasant, but knowing now about the location, I would have tried to find a different spot for my own personal liking. If you like being in the middle of everything this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Try and get a "river side" room, the views are really great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SecretSauce
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I am glad that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the food in Legend's Restaurant. Since it is our goal to ensure the 100% satisfaction of all of our guests, I would recommend that during your next visit to Rochester, you experience our business plan rooms. As it relates to the area surrounding the property, we continue to work closely with our hotel security staff and the Downtown Rochester Community to ensure safety and security for all of our guests. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for one night in a family room with 2 large beds for one night only en route to NY from Canada. To be honest for a Radisson it was fairly average. The place felt old and a little grimy. The room was way too small. We could hardly move once we had hauled in our luggage. Other than that it was OK, just nothing stood out. Breakfast was not complimentary and was expensive. The staff in the hotel restaurant refused to warm up some food for us for our daughter in the microwave, as it was 'against federal law'. Give me a break. Won't be returning.

1  Thank CorkDara
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your room or breakfast experience. I have addressed these concerns with our team and I am confident that we will exceed your expectations during your next stay at our property. Please contact me directly so that I may personally make your room reservations the next time you are in town. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at the Radisson for a wedding and the hotel and staff were great. Check in and out was quick and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MMSS
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended and look forward to your next visit to our property!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is our 5th year having Easter Brunch at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. We are never dissappointed great food, comfortable atmosphere, and lots for the the kids to do. This year they had a great Easter Bunny that came aroound to each table, kids loved it! See you next Easter or maybe Mothers Day!

1  Thank Deanna614

Thank you for your recent feedback on our Easter Brunch! We are glad that you enjoyed you and your family enjoyed themselves and look forward to seeing you on Mother's Day!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

One night we arrived back at the hotel late, and discovered our room had not been made up yet. We called down to the front desk, and Dan got the supplies himself and came up to make our beds and put out clean towels in his 3-piece suit! He also offered us free breakfast at the hotel restaurant as well as free parking validation. Thanks, Dan!
Also, Crystal in the restaurant was very attentive to us. She was an excellent server both mornings we ate breakfast there.

Room Tip: there is no indoor pool or sauna, but I'm sure the outdoor pool will be delightful in the summer...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! I apologize for your inconvenience and am glad that both Dan and Crystal took extra special care of you during your stay! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!