I have always wanted to stay at a B&B but I could never get over how they looked inside---many of them appear dated or have every square inch covered in kitsch and flowers. Then I saw this place while endlessly searching the Internet for a place to stay in Saratoga Springs as part of our honeymoon. I have so many positive things to say about this place I will have to enumerate my review because I do not want to miss anything.
(1) The inside of this B&B is absolutely gorgeous. The landscape is also quite lovely. I was happy the minute I set foot inside of the house. They have an adorable elevator and a gorgeous staircase that leads to a second sitting area on the second floor. The dining area and sitting area are perfect.
(2) We stayed in the Polaris Room on the second floor and I could not recommend this room enough if you are a couple. The patio is so private and comfortable. The bathroom is enormous---there is a separate shower and jacuzzi tub, which I loved. The shower is huge with a place to sit and side jets if you so choose to use them. The fireplace was awesome and the flat screen television on the wall was a nice touch. There is even a little nook if you want to do work at the desk. Best of all---no floral walls and no kitsch!
(3) There were so many little details that we appreciated---from their personalized stone coasters to the beautiful bottles of water they left on top of the fireplace---everything was great. I couldn't help but find the windows to be adorable as well. The most touching thing they did was leave a bottle of champagne for us with a little message attached once they found out it was for our honeymoon.
(4) You have a list of options to choose from every morning for your breakfast. They will also try to customize these items to your liking and they will also cook different meals for you if you have allergies. Our breakfast was fresh, delicious and quite filling. Leslie has different specials throughout the week in addition to their regular menu.
(5) The location, to us, was perfect. It was only a ten minute walk to the main strip. Close enough for us to walk, far enough from a busy road. Not only that but I felt their rates were completely reasonable and completely worth it.
Lyn & Leslie were so nice and so helpful that they truly made my first B&B experience a great one. I have been recommending this place to everyone since our first night there and plan on returning again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springwater B & B is newly built to combine the charm of turn-of-the-century Saratoga with all the comforts of a boutique hotel. We are 1.5 miles from exit 14 of the Adirondack Northway (I-87) and only steps from the main entrance of Saratoga's historic thoroughbred race course. A casual stroll to downtown Saratoga with its wonderful shops, restaurants and galleries. Within easy walking distance are the historic Canfield Casino and Congress Park, The National Museum of Racing and Empire State College. We are within a 10 minute drive to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Spa State Park, Saratoga Lake and Skidmore College.Run by longtime Saratogians we offer the friendly personal service one enjoys at a cozy, family-run bed and breakfast. Spacious light filled rooms are simply furnished with oriental rugs and antiques mixed with luxurious new beds and mattresses. All rooms have gas fireplaces, flat screen televisions and individual climate control.Marble and tile baths combine an old fashioned style with spa like amenities. Each second floor room has its own private porch. There is a large side porch where breakfast is served weather permitting. The breakfast room and sitting room with wood burning fireplaces are open for guest use and gatherings. If you must work...we have complimentary wireless access throughout, as well as printer and fax availability. For convenience there is an elevator and a fully handicapped accessible guest room. ... more less