“First Time and Not Disappointed”

Gaffney's Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We went there on a Saturday last weekend. It was our first time in Saratoga. We sat outside in the back of the restaurant. There was plenty of seating outside (it was early though). Our waiter Bob was so friendly and very attentive and helpful with the menu.
Overall, the service was great and the atmosphere was perfect for a quick bite on a morning of the race.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Very comfortable. Little jazz ensemble on a busy Sunday. No complaints here. Service with a smile. Comfortable setting.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We had eaten at Gaffney's the last two years while in Saratoga Springs and liked it very much, so we decided to stop there again, even though the place is now under new ownership. I have a bit of advice for the new owner - get competent help, and improve the menu. We arrived shortly after 6 pm and immediately I became apprehensive because there were only 2 other tables that had customers, none on the top porch. We sat in the street-level outdoor area. Our waitress was pleasant enough and I ordered one of their draft beers. She brought the same beer in a can, when it was plainly listed on their draft menu. Apparently it was not one of their drafts, so I picked another beer and she returned the can. Then my friend ordered a BBQ chicken sandwich ($11) and a side order of fries (an additional $1.00), but when our dinner was brought out the order had been botched and my friend was presented with the BBQ chicken breast dinner ($18) and the side order of fries was a whopping extra $6.00. So my friend wanted to send it back and wait for the order to be corrected, but since we wanted to eat together she decided to keep it. The food was okay, but when I saw the $6.00 charge for fries I brought it to the attention of the waitress, and she went back and had the bill adjusted to what it should have been with the chicken sandwich. By the time we paid the bill and left, there weren't any other customers in the place. We were both very depressed and even more so after we walked up to Broadway and saw all the outdoor restaurants filled to the brim with people. At any rate, eat at Gaffney's at your own risk.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Last Sunday night was out of a storybook.Beautiful evening sitting in the back courtyard with a fire having a drink with my wife,listening a a wonderful saxophone and guitar player.We did not plan this but were walking down the street after having dinner and heard the music.Had never been here before,but will surely be back.A truly magical night!

1  Thank ChALUTCH
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

It's all about the music and outdoor patio at Gaffney's. This is a mainstay bar on the strip of Caroline Street known for its bar scene. As long as the band is playing music you like, you'll have a great time! I was there on a Sunday night right before July 4th and a fantastic cover band of 70s/80s hits was playing outside on the patio. I've been here 15+ times over the years when visiting Saratoga and will continue to come here. It's a classic!
5 stars as a bar. Until writing this review, I didn't even realize they served food. Saratoga has great restaurants. I'd reco getting dinner elsewhere and come here after!