“My new favorite place”
Review of Centre Street Pub

Centre Street Pub
Ranked #68 of 306 Restaurants in Schenectady
Reviewed 15 September 2016

We stopped Saturday for the 1st time and what a surprise. Started with two great beers and the NY Pretzels (which will feed four people) then went to the pierogies. The pierogies were the best I have had outside of a home. Finished with another great beer from their expansive beer list. I found an excuse to visit again last night for yet another "new" beer and went with the empanadas this time. Courtney was an excellent bartender and introduced herself with an handshake (that was an unexpected and very pleasant 1st). The service, food and beer are all at the top. They make you feel right at home. The outside area is large and welcoming. This aspect was surprising considering the location downtown, but it is really nice. I can't wait for the next visit and sampling something else new on the menu.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Met friends for dinner. Had a great time. Good food, wine ,beer, service !! Even a band playing , although made conversation a little difficult.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This is an old fashioned pub with really good food! Staff and waiters are very friendly. We chose the Brussels sprouts appetizer which was very flavorful and included bacon bits - awesome. Their salmon is grilled giving it an amazing flavor. The night we were there included live music with a local artist, Joel Fisher on a guitar. The guy has a great voice and was enjoyable. We ate outside and every so often a train goes by which really just adds to the fun atmosphere. We will be back!

1  Thank Trillium41
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

First visit to this local pub. Definitely a college bar. The staff were super friendly. They have a nice craft beer selection which the bartender was knowledgeable about. The food was very good (ordered a burger, sandwich, mozzarella sticks). They have live music several nights per week. They also have a parking lot (which is huge if you have ever tried parking downtown). Will be back for sure.

1  Thank KABM1
Reviewed 9 March 2016

I called to reserve a table for two during Restaurant Week (2/27/16), and when my party arrived at 5:20 for a 5:30 reservation the hostess couldn't find the reservation among many handwritten papers. But the place wasn't busy yet and we were immediately seated in a booth at the back. There's a huge blackboard detailing the beer selections, (many on tap) as well as a menu on the table, and they serve an excellent hard cider as well. The restaurant week menu ($25 for 3 courses) offered good variety. We were astonished at the size of the appetizers, which would be a full meal at other places (my brother had the empanadas and I the Mediterranean plate). Based on previous reviewers recommending the salmon, we each chose the salmon en croute (in puff pastry), which arrived with an excellent rice pilaf and several spears of very fresh asparagus. For dessert, my brother had the chocolate mousse, which came in a tall narrow glass, and I the chocolate stout bread pudding, a bountiful delicious serving. With two 16-ounce glasses of hard cider and a 16-ounce glass of beer, along with a good tip, the bill was $83.00 - which I considered excellent given the quality and quantity of food and libations. There is a sports-bar ambiance, but mainly only at the long bar - from our side of the room the large-screen TVs showing hockey games were unobtrusive. We really loved the music playing, which was heavy on classic 1970s rock and roll - maybe because that catered to our obvious boomer age group! We plan to come back, especially in warmer weather when the deck is open and we can watch the trains roll by.