“Worst waitress in the place”
Review of Turf Tavern

Turf Tavern
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Scotia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Went to the Turf - the parking lot was full we got the last parking spot - we were seated right away -the place was packed also a party going on - waited a while till the waitress came over and since we did not order drinks she could not be bother with us - came back and took our order and went to her other tables to get more drink orders and check if they needed anything else before putting our dinners in - got our salads then a wait for our food which was good my husband had the Prime Rib -I had the shrimp - never asked how our meals were I could not even get a refill on my water - she was just to busy getting drinks for the other tables - we did get our bill still she did not come back I had to pay it at the bar! Food is very good but the service is terrible.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We love coming to the Turf Tavern. The food is very good. The staff are very friendly. Excellent specials as swell!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We moved to Scotia a year ago and the Turf Tavern was the first restaurant we visited. Good food very pleasant staff, and the specials can't be beat! The prime rib is some of the best around! And who would complain about"wine Wednesday"?

1  Thank BB B
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Lovely, quaint atmosphere in downtown Scotia. Service and food are both great. American style food , specialties in steak and seafood. Modestly priced.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

I drive by Turf several times a week and had seen the "Free glass of wine with dinner" on their ad board. I needed to meet a friend for dinner and chose the Turf Tavern as it was close by and because of the wine offer.

My companion ordered the pre-fixe menu for $25 along with a soda. The waitress did explain that the wine offer was not valid with the pre-fixe option, which made total sense, so I ordered an entree and appetizer along with a glass of wine.

However, even though we had separate checks, I was still charged for the wine in spite of their inviting offer. Turns out they have this rule that if *anyone* at the table orders the pre-fixe menu, the wine offer is void. ??? I didn't make a fuss because I didn't want to in front of my friend but I was pretty ticked. I did leave a good tip, but I won't return.

This type of nickel-and-diming in independent restaurants is so annoying. Arcane, hidden rules about offers don't make guests want to return. I was intrigued by the Easter Brunch offers when I went in but not now.

Dinner was good, service was good, but the pettiness over the wine was a real turnoff.

And, the cherry tomatoes are refrigerated. They should always be served at room temp. Nobody refrigerates their tomatoes.

2  Thank KathleenCooks

Been to Turf Tavern? Share your experiences!