“Prime Rib? From when?”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This is my second poor review of this restaurant. Last time we weren't able to eat here so, because I had a small gift certificate, my friends and I decided to give it another chance.

It was $10. Tuesday. We were told they had a shrimp and penne dish, a herb crusted pork loin which was sold out and prime rib of 12.00.

Because none of us had had a prime rib in a while, and because it's hard to ruin a prime rib, we all ordered that. We also ordered an appetizer ( which was for 3 and delicious).

Salad were good, so was the bread. The prime rib must've been leftover from another day..not even the same day! It was tough, dry and so well done I couldn't believe they'd serve it. And it had gravy on it. The place was packed so we kept quiet. But, needless to say, none of us will ever return.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Went to the Turf - the parking lot was full we got the last parking spot - we were seated right away -the place was packed also a party going on - waited a while till the waitress came over and since we did not order drinks she could not be bother with us - came back and took our order and went to her other tables to get more drink orders and check if they needed anything else before putting our dinners in - got our salads then a wait for our food which was good my husband had the Prime Rib -I had the shrimp - never asked how our meals were I could not even get a refill on my water - she was just to busy getting drinks for the other tables - we did get our bill still she did not come back I had to pay it at the bar! Food is very good but the service is terrible.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We love coming to the Turf Tavern. The food is very good. The staff are very friendly. Excellent specials as swell!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We moved to Scotia a year ago and the Turf Tavern was the first restaurant we visited. Good food very pleasant staff, and the specials can't be beat! The prime rib is some of the best around! And who would complain about"wine Wednesday"?

1  Thank BB B
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Lovely, quaint atmosphere in downtown Scotia. Service and food are both great. American style food , specialties in steak and seafood. Modestly priced.

Been to Turf Tavern? Share your experiences!