“Excellent food and service”
Review of Turf Tavern

Turf Tavern
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Scotia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We just had a wonderful meal at Turf Tavern with service to match. There were eight of us, five adults and three children. The hostess and server were most gracious and accommodating. The kids had pizza and gobbled it up. We adults had the salmon and beef from the special menu. Both were delicious. Pay the extra $6.00 and you have enough food for a king! You get soup or fruit and a salad and vegetables and also coffee and dessert! We took some of our food home and did not leave there hungry. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

They say you never can return home. How true! This restaurant has really gone down in quality since I lived nearby. While the bar and bartender were quite nice, the food was awful. Both my husband and I sent our entrees back only to have the second try taste as bad as the first. His was prime rib and mine was steak teriyaki. If you like meat that tastes as if it was soaked in vinegar--you'll love the beef here. I can't say they did soak the beef in vinegar because I didn't see it done, but my tastebuds usually don't lie twice. Perhaps that was to disguise a rancid taste. Only the kitchen knows. Go eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This is my second poor review of this restaurant. Last time we weren't able to eat here so, because I had a small gift certificate, my friends and I decided to give it another chance.

It was $10. Tuesday. We were told they had a shrimp and penne dish, a herb crusted pork loin which was sold out and prime rib of 12.00.

Because none of us had had a prime rib in a while, and because it's hard to ruin a prime rib, we all ordered that. We also ordered an appetizer ( which was for 3 and delicious).

Salad were good, so was the bread. The prime rib must've been leftover from another day..not even the same day! It was tough, dry and so well done I couldn't believe they'd serve it. And it had gravy on it. The place was packed so we kept quiet. But, needless to say, none of us will ever return.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Went to the Turf - the parking lot was full we got the last parking spot - we were seated right away -the place was packed also a party going on - waited a while till the waitress came over and since we did not order drinks she could not be bother with us - came back and took our order and went to her other tables to get more drink orders and check if they needed anything else before putting our dinners in - got our salads then a wait for our food which was good my husband had the Prime Rib -I had the shrimp - never asked how our meals were I could not even get a refill on my water - she was just to busy getting drinks for the other tables - we did get our bill still she did not come back I had to pay it at the bar! Food is very good but the service is terrible.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We love coming to the Turf Tavern. The food is very good. The staff are very friendly. Excellent specials as swell!

Been to Turf Tavern? Share your experiences!