“One of the new places in my neighborhood”
Review of Kabobshak

Kabobshak
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Selden
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Description: Newsday's Top 100 Restaurants on Long Island We are a healthy take on classic Middle Eastern Cuisine! We make everything fresh daily including pita bread, hummus, baba ganoush, tabbouleh, falafel, kabobs, shawarma and fresh salads. Top any meal with Yogurt, Tahini or Spicy Sauce. Enjoy specials and Grilled Kabobs stuffed in pita bread or over rice in platters. All Platters come with 2 sides. Try our Stuffed Falafel! Lots of Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free Options available
Reviewed 25 January 2017

I ordered the kofta kabob and chicken shish kabob. I tried 3 different sauces hummus , tahini , and the hot sauce. It's not a Turkish restaurant. No offense to the Turks I love their food also. The food is Middle Eastern. It is spice slightly different than Turkish food, it is good very good and very healthy. I had a green salad with rice and Falafel bites also. I will definitely go back because it's a shorter drive to my house and then going to Steinway Street in Astoria Queens. The staff is pleasant helpful and friendly. The menu is simple but I guess it should have off after they're open longer. A great addition to my neighborhood.

Kabobshak1, Owner at Kabobshak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you Danny!!

There are newer reviews for Kabobshak

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here at least once a week since they opened. My husband, friend, and I all love the food. We have tried the shish kabob, gyros, platters, rice, falafel and green salad. All were great! Try this place out. The portions are not gigantic but enough. The salad is very fresh and the food is prepared in front of you.

Kabobshak1, Manager at Kabobshak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thank you so much Dee! We are so happy that you enjoy coming here and love the food!

Reviewed 10 May 2016

This place just opened and I was really looking forward to trying this place out since I love Mediterranean cuisine. The shawarma was disgusting, and the falafel was dry and over cooked. The salad tasted and smelled like it had been washed in bleach. The grilled vegetables were soggy. I would not return here. My wife and kids hated it. I forced myself to eat some of it. The portions are too small too.

Kabobshak1, Manager at Kabobshak, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Hello, I am so sorry you felt this way visiting our establishment. We appreciate all responses and reviews and we would love to invite you and your family in again to experience the restaurant. Our facebook page with other reviews: https://www.facebook.com/Kabobshak/reviews/

Management.