“far above average Greek restaurant”
Review of Santorini

Santorini
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The service was excellent . We each had a Greek salad which comes with the entree.
In most restaurants the Greek salad served here would cost almost as much as the entree
The grilled octopus appetizer is the best around. The only slight criticism is the small # of shrimp in the grilled shrimp entree Taking into account the Greek salad included this is a minor complaint
It is a bit noisy so I wouldn't recommend it if that is important to you

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Cosy Greek restaurant with delicious food, enjoyed the soups and mains, servers were great, had an enjoyable meal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

All of the dishes were delicious. The Greek salad was fresh (and huge) and the bronzini was perfectly done. The service was very attentive.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

1st time here to this quaint out of the way small restaurant. Nice homey atmosphere. Food was good and enjoyed like being in someone's house for dinner.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I have never been to Greece. However, Toronto has a large collection of Greek restaurants in a section of town called the Danforth. New York City also has a cluster of Greek restaurants in Astoria. I have enjoyed many chicken souvlakis in the former, exspecially. I make my own spanakopita. I have attempted moussaka twice at home (much easier to have someone make it for you). I am telling you all this because I am trying to let you know that I do not say this lightly. This is the best Greek food in the greater NYC area. It is better than any restaurants I have been to in Astoria. The only thing that is better are some of the places on the Danforth. We specifically planned our day to drive up here and go to dinner. In this latest visit, I had a salad to start, which was enormous, but I appreciated the freshness of it, and the dressing in particular. I heartily enjoyed as much pasticcio as I could manage, and took the rest home with me. Then there was the lovely pita. Perhaps the generous servings were the reason why I wasn't able to make it to dessert. Highly, highly, highly recommended.

1  Thank cecesimms