All reviews every morning wanda forest hike sulphur skin home
Reviewed 1 September 2016

If you want a quiet peaceful place to go and collect your thoughts, take your dogs on a wonderful walk around a pond or two and enjoy sulfurous water baths, hear crickets and frogs, this is the place for you. The owner and her daughters are very friendly and the breakfasts are yummy. It is rustic and off the beaten path, a perfect "get away from it all" vacation. They have a nice dog and a friendly cat and even chicken(s)....

Room Tip: It's a B&B so I'm sure all the rooms are different, main house versus other ect..
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I want to start by saying the owner was very nice and some of the things I did not like are a matter of preference. My husband and I stayed in the polish room. It had nice character but my husband was not happy about the sulphur spring water and the bench seat toilet. I didn't mind it but the one thing that makes me rate this low is the dust. There was so much built up dust everywhere that I was having difficulty breathing. We ended up checking out early. I'm disappointed that this room always $150 per night. I hope the owner sees this and puts a little more effort into cleaning the rooms.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
LogCountryInn, Owner at Log Country Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Tina,

Thank you very much for your review! We understand that everyone has their own preferences in terms of rooms and we are so sorry the room reserved for you that was not a great fit for you and your husband. We do of course have both Sulfur and non-sulfur springs rooms. Many people love the sulfur water. Others do not like it at all! I came from a part of Poland where Sulfur springs resorts were valued so much that we had to wait in line and pay to bathe in sulfur! This is the reason why I have kept sulfur water in the main house. Not only is it nostalgic for me and a cultural treasure, but many guests come to enjoy the benefits as well and specifically reserve these rooms for the sulfur springs water. We do however understand that without this context, sulfur springs water is in fact a big shift for people who are not used to it. Our website does clarify which rooms are sulfur and which rooms are not. I hope this will help if you plan to visit the area and stay with us again.

As for the dust, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Because our houses are log cabins we have gotten very used to special cleaning procedures in the rooms as dust collects in log cabins a bit more and in different ways. Between seasons we see that this is especially true. We have of course since checked the room and done an additional deep clean to resolve this issue. Rooms in the All Welcome Inn house tend to be dust free as the cabin itself, while it has log panels, is not walled with logs. We believe the Russian room, African room and Japanese suite would have been a better fit for you as they have filtered water and do not have log interiors (other than our custom made log bed posts made by friends of ours!).

I want to thank you for your kind words--it was a pleasure meeting you, and once again, I am very sorry that we did not find a room that was the best fit for you.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

The owner and family of this inn are welcoming and warm. The breakfasts are delicious. The food is authentic Polish and Russian fare cooked fresh to order in a family-like setting. The drawbacks of the inn is that it is very rustic and outdated. It is very far from any place to eat, get gas, etc.... yet there was road noise in our room from South Danby Road. Our rooms were pleasantly furnished yet the rooms are not kept clean. The shawls on the walls are covered in dust. I reached into the magazine holder to see what was in there and pulled a hand out covered with cobwebs. The jacuzzi tub is dangerous. There is no hand bar to help you exit the tub and the mat on the floor outside the bath steps is not slip proof. The stairs up to our room were rather rickety. That said the place has rustic charm and a lot more character than staying in a chain hotel. A deep cleaning of the place would do wonders.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
LogCountryInn, Owner at Log Country Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback! As a small business run by a few hard working women, we try to make sure your experience is the best it can possibly be. Sometimes a little feedback from our guests lets us know where we can do better! We greatly appreciate your comments and will definitely look into the issues you mentioned. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast at our place. Thank you for staying with us!

Wanda, Joanna, and Sarah

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Wonderful, quiet setting in the middle of nowhere. It is truly quiet, just birds and the sound of the water feature outside our room. Had a full kitchen, jacuzzi and living room w/porch. Breakfasts were wonderful from Wanda, her family and Thomas (I DO hope our paths will cross again. You were wonderful to speak with and very helpful and informative). Main reason for vacation was to visit one of our favorite breweries pub, Ithaca Beer company. There was a bit of driving to get to places proper, but totally worthwhile because of the rolling hills and beautiful vistas offered in this part of NY. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
LogCountryInn, Owner at Log Country Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words Colin! It was such a pleasure having you here. Thomas is elated that you gave him a great review as well :) See you again soon. You are always welcome!

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Last minute trip to Ithaca for a relaxing weekend. Stumbled across this awesome bed and breakfast! Off the beaten path. Nice comfortable room in quiet location away from the bustle of the city. Log Country Inn has a lovely wooded walking trail, peaceful porches to sit and enjoy the peace of forested landscape. Wanda and her family are welcoming and made delicious breakfasts (blitzes, Russian pancakes, fruit, jams, wonderful bread , and eggs to order). Our room had access to a living room and kitchen, several porches and the trails. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and private. B and B is in the hills above Ithaca but within easy access of the city, state forests and parks.
Went to Ports of New York and enjoyed a wonderful tasting of excellent port wine. Rich and mellow. Very interesting tour and description of port wine fermentation by Mr. Frédéric Bouché. This winery is a must see due to its focus on port. Very elegant wine!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Such a pleasure having you at our place! So happy you were able to explore all the area has to offer. Looking forward to seeing you again.