“Mexican Eats”

El Bandido Restaurant and Lounge
Reviewed 25 July 2017

chips and salsa is to die for. The food is good also and price range is not so bad. If you think you can take the chips and salsa home even though you are having it there think again. Had to pay for our left over chips and salsa that we were having at the restaurant, I thought that was a bite ridiculous.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I enjoy the food very much. I am more of a quiet diner, therefore the noise gets to me a bit, but.... the food is delicious. The wait staff is busy but attentive. Very good Mexican food.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Just horrendous experiences on two separate occasions. The manager has no idea of how to handle ANY situation.
My date had a HUGE piece of fat in her entree. The manager argued with her about how "that was the way it is", several times. I finally got tired of the banter and intervened. Then the half deaf manager kicked us out after we decided to leave anyway!
I know the owner and his family for 30 years! I made a courtesy call to the restaurant after the incident, that night, and spoke with Manny's (the owner) a/k/a Santiago Tello. She stated we were absolutely right but offered no remedy at all! I left my name and number with her so that her father, Manny could get in touch with me. NOTHING! Absolutely disgusting! Not to mention the food has gone WAY down hill while the prices have gone up up up! STEER CLEAR. There are better Mexican Restaurants in Rockland, especially in Suffern with MUCH better food and really great service! AVIOD THIS PLACE!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I recently visited this restaurant which has been around since I was a child! It is still a wonderful experience.

Great Mexican food, a great place to go with both friends and familyou.

Try to make reservations if a large group! It get busy at times!

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

As if any Mexican restaurant could be anything more than just average, El Bandito falls right in line.
Aside from some cool murals and decor, El Bandito is an expensive, average Mexican restaurant. A pitcher of Margaritas is $65.00...WHAAAAAT!? The combinations are $15.95 and any entree with "Angus beef" in it starts at $31.95.
Friday nights are crowded and loud, service was decent as there are waiters running around everywhere. I ordered a combination which was good, but probably overpriced by $3.00.
Go once, check it out and you won't probably won't need to go back.