“We went tonight - look forward to going again SOON!”

Dimitri's Gyro Joint
Ranked #250 of 904 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 26 October 2015

We looked to the previous reviews on this restaurant and, thanks to another reviewer, saw they'd relocated to 2224 HYLAN BLVD. The place is very relaxed and homey, not a fancy place by any means. Thing fresh-home-made everything! They make a fresh
Tzatziki sauce you want to eat with a spoon! We had 4 different entrees and shared amongst us. Dimitri's Greek style gyro was delicious, lemony, not greasy in any way. My husband had Biftkia, a spiced ground beef dish that had a wonderful spice combination that was unique and delicious. The owners were gracious and friendly and they bake on premises - heavenly desserts - try the Rizogalo - AWESOME!

we had to wait for our food, but the food was so worth the wait we didn't even notice the delay. First off - they make so many "home made" things, you can't decide which dish is your favorite. We 4 ordered different things and each shared a taste with the others. You can't imagine what fresh TZATZIKI does to everything you eat with it. It's the kind of thing you just want to eat with a spoon

1  Thank Maryann S

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

This place has since closed and re-opened as How Greek It Is on Hylan Blvd and Lincoln. Same husband and wife team, same excellent food and warm service including table side visits by the owners. Portions are huge and one platter can easily feed two people. Tzatziki sauce from scratch is divine and will swear you off the commercially produced kind. Prices are more than reasonable and all desserts are housemade. This place is wonderful.

1  Thank Vinnydee2015
Reviewed 16 May 2015

The food was fresh and very tasty. The portions are huge and the prices very fair. The workers are very nice and very friendly. I can't wait to eat here again.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

I have eaten here 3 times since this place opened up a few months ago. I have not been disappointed yet. I highly recommend there specialty, Greek style Shaworma Gyro. I had it for lunch the 1st time I ate here. It was one of the best gyros I ever had Its made with a delicious marinated pork. It was served with a giant serving of rice pilaf.
I have since brought my family back twice. They all LOVED it. The food is great,generous portions, and very inexpensive. And the Rizogalo(rice pudding) was so large we shared with 3 spoons and still didn't finish it! The wait staff is all very nice.
I gave this place 4stars instead of 5 for a few simple reasons. The restaurant is very clean, but very simple. I wouldn't recommend for a romantic date. The neighborhood is also a little on the iffy side.NOT dangerous,but I would just keep your eyes open later at night.
Overall, if your tired of pizza and chinese on the north shore of SI, I would definitely check this place out.