“This place rules!!”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

High ceilings, fantastic fish tank, wonderful interior which ‘transports’ you to a local village in korea is what you’ll find at Ssambap. The food is delicious! The bulgogi for the on-the-table barbecue was so tender and the marinade was unbelievable. And it came with lettuce wraps, rice, bean paste, peanut paste, scallions, radish. The vegetable mandoo soup was was tasty, and the assortment of banchan was incredible—-kimchee, cucumbers, broccoli, tofu, and bean sprouts. My bibimbap was perfect— bulgogi, rice, chili sauce, mixed vegetables, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, fried egg, and avocado (7!) was delicious except there was very little meat (as opposed to the huge amounts I received with the barbecue. Definitely a top five restaurant in the Smithaven Mall area!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We arrived before 7 PM and did not have to wait. Later arrivals had to wait but not too long. There is a choice of barbeque or regular teables, - we chose the latter. The ambience is good, and the service was great and very helpful with the questions we had about some menu items. We ordered ssambak and bulgogi which was plenty for 3 people who shared. All was delicious. At the end, a little saki, and no pushy waiter to get us out of the place too quickly. Pricing is reasonable and parking no problem.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I thought I ve done it all but it was fabulous here , the barbecue pit was right in the middle of our table , we ordered the seafood platter and had it grilled with the prime ribs , the spicey pork according to my mom was the best ! I loved everything here , it’s really a great place to dine if you re looking for small tasty dishes !!!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

My friend & I went early on a Wed. The waitress was wonderful. She helped us with the menu , and explained what everything was. And it was Delicious ! Also had desert , I had the Raspberry Bomb.Going back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely Wonderful First Experience at Ssambap. Tasty Food, Excellent Staff, Beautiful Ambience.

Me and my boyfriend decided to try Ssambap Korean BBQ first time tonight, and it was mind blowing. We have both never tried Korean BBQ so we weren't sure what to expect. We had an incredible experience overall! Prior to coming I called the restaurant to get some background on how the bbq tables work, an explanation of the menu etc. The man that answered the phone (I'm assuming was the manager/or owner) was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions.

-We chose to sit at a grill table-

Plenty of parking in front of the restaurant. Immediately upon entering, I was very impressed. The decor is classy and inviting, plenty of grill tables & regular tables. We were seated right away. The fish tanks in the back were a nice touch. Loved the lit candles as well. This place is great for a date night. Also could be wonderful for a friends get-together, a family dinner etc.

Service: ***** 5 Star Service. The wait staff was fabulous! The waiter we had was phenomenal!! We told him it was our first time, and he thoroughly went over the menu with us. He was so kind and helpful. He and the other staff were very attentive and we never had to ask for a refill on our drinks which is always a plus in my book. Our waiter cooked our food to perfection.

Food: We ordered soup, appetizers and 2 entree's...each & every dish we were served was to die for!

*Miso Soup- Great, served pipping hot, and at a great price!

*Goong Joong Ddukboki (Fried Rice Cake w/ Beef and noodles)- So great! The texture of the Rice Cake was like nothing I have ever tried before. It was oh so good! The beef was tender, and the sauce everything was served in was so flavorful.

*Chicken Wings- BEST WINGS I HAVE EVER HAD PERIOD...boyfriend agrees! The sauce, the meat quality, the crisp skin... I'm actually salivating as I type this. This is a definite reorder on our next trip here.

Our Korean BBQ Entrees:

*Wang Kalbi Gui (Prime Short Rib marinated in Soy Sauce)- $32 worth every penny! This is THE BEST prime rib I have ever had period! The marbling on the meat made the meat so juicy and perfect. It was so tasty and melted in my mouth like butter. I loved that it was cooked table side. There was a nice quantity amount of rib they gave us. I have so impressed... everyone should try this!

*Ori Gui (Duck)- $24 and totally worth it. The duck meat was so succulent, juicy, and our waiter cooked it perfectly at our table.

All our food was absolutely amazing! And the sides the entrees came with were so fresh and really went well with our dinner choices. Our favorite side was the onions in some sort of sauce. It was excellent.

Overall I had the most marvelous first experience at Ssambap and I will be back for sure! Excellently priced food! 5 out of 5 for service, quality & quantity of food, and an immaculate dining environment!