“Great Food & Friendly Service”

Yamasho Sushi Steakhouse
Ranked #64 of 768 Restaurants in Syracuse
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Me and my girlfriend went here today and we loved it. It's in a strip mall so you don't know what to expect but it's very nice inside. They have regular tables and also Hibachi where the chefs cook right in front of you. We sat a regular table. It was 3:30 so along with the regular menu you they brought us a Happy Hour menu. The Happy Hour runs from 3:30 to 6:00 daily and offers some great deals on food and drinks. I had the Crispy Calimari and Yaki Soba with shrimp. The calimari was tender and crisp with a sweet chili dipping sauce. The Yaki Soba was very good and the shrimp had flavor with a nice sear on them. My girlfriend had the Bento Box with Teriyaki filet mignon, gyoza and a California Roll. It looked beautiful and was an extremely generous serving of food. She really loved the whole thing. It's definitely worth the $3 upcharge to get the filet mignon. The hostess and server were very friendly and offered great service. If you like this type of restaurant as we do, you won't find a better place in this area. Apparently they are consistent as they have a 5 star rating on both Trip Advisor and another review site.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Cheese rolls are amazing great appetizers the sushi is fresh and delicious and the scorpion bowl was fun !!!Will return soon

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Went here with a friend from work who swears by this place and I couldn't be more pleased. The service was outstanding. My water glass was always full. At the end of our meal, they brought us out an adorably cut orange just because. They had a lot of sushi options to choose from and the food was very fresh. The place is also very nicely decorated and clean. Not one negative thing to say.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Stopped in for lunch. Don't let the location keep you away. We had the Hibachi Chicken and the Lunch Bento Box. Both were large portions of fresh, delicious food. We had to take some home. All for under $20. Service was the best I've seen. Can't wait to return for dinner.

1  Thank wisia
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I went with my family to celebrate my nephews graduation and found the restaurant to be very appealing and the staff very attentive. The sushi is excellent however the hibachi is average. The tricks they do while cooking is what you would expect at any Japanese restaurant but what really sets this place apart is the very fresh sushi. We had a party of 25 and they took great care of us, made sure our drinks were refilled without asking and the chef was ok, not as engaging as I would have liked but still a good performance. I do recommend.