“Good eats!”
Review of The Fish Friar

The Fish Friar
Ranked #29 of 768 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Description: Our mission is to bring super-fresh, wild-caught seafood from the coast of Maine to Syracuse, combining culinary flair with thoughtfully curated wines, exclusive craft beer and an inviting New York City-style atmosphere.
Reviewed 8 May 2018

My family finally had a chance to visit the Fish Friar and was not disappointed. I highly recommend the shrimp po boy and the smashed peas. My kids loved the special, lobster mac and cheese. Convenient parking. Atmosphere was charming, staff very friendly and helpful. I was able to sample a few of their craft beers and enjoyed them all. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank dawnvale

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Fish Friar is the perfect blend of comfortable atmosphere, delicious food, great beer and awesome staff! Their beer tasting events are fun and popular; great ways to make new friends. Their lobster roll is the best I've had outside New England and rocks my world every time! I love how straightforward their menu is, and even though it can be a bit packed sometimes, I love love love their space! I feel like it adds to the vibe of the restaurant and is a telltale sign that it's a good spot.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Seafood lovers will enjoy this spot! Everything was well prepared, including the sides. My scallop roll was delicious. The house salad was also nicely prepared and the dressing was tasty. The staff was also super friendly! Can't wait to go back and try another option on the menu.

Also, love that they source from independent fishermen/women instead of large commercial operations.

I definitely recommend the place, especially if you are looking for some quality, fresh seafood.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We took our three kids and they loved it. We ordered a bunch of dishes and all shared them. The waiter was great about bringing extra plates and refilling our waters. Kids even got Swedish fish candy as a special treat at the end.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

This place is the entire package! The quality and freshness of the food is unbelievable, paired with a friendly and knowledgeable staff, in the most quaint surroundings. And where do I even start on the beer list?! It’s a craft enthusiasts dream. It’s a great place to order takeout and have a beer at the bar while you wait and also where you can enjoy drinks, a meal and dessert (homemade peanut butter pie) at your leisure. A must visit!