All reviewslooked and smelled cleanparking loterie canalsmall problemcab ridejoseph's hospitalwafflesfree breakfastwould definitely stay here againwaffle machineeasy chairwar memorialvisiting syracusenice place to staydesk and chairbased on reviewsdinosaur bbq
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Affordable lodging in the heart of a city is hard to find. This is a fine solution to that problem.

The room was small, but fresh and new and cleanly appointed. I got plenty of heat and the heating unit was very quiet. The hotel offered everything I needed for my short stay. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Breakfast included eggs and sausage, juice, waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins, coffee and more.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2017

A bit noisy outside but as soon as you are in your room, it is very quiet. The room itself is very nicely done/redone, as well as lobby and breakfast area. Very clean. Very comfy. Very classy. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This hotel did the job and was priced reasonably for the area. The room was VERY small. We were traveling with 2 carry ons and honestly if they had been full sized bags I don't think we would have had room - we were stepping around things as it was. The bed was comfortable and it was clean - just needed to be a bit larger. Also the coffee had an odd taste - don't know if it was the water? But both my husband and I commented on the taste.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Viraj P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We truly appreciate it because it lets us know the areas that we need to improve upon and the areas that we are doing well on. I'll be sure to review our your comments with the ownership team and we will try to make changes to improve our service for future guests. Please do consider staying with us again on your next visit to Syracuse.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

As a woman traveling alone, security is always a concern and this hotel is in a residential neighborhood where I wouldn't feel comfortable walking alone. However, the parking was close to the entrance to the outside corridor and I had no issues walking to the lobby though that corridor. The room layout was a bit troublesome -- you couldn't sit at the desk (the only chair in the room) with the bathroom door open ... but the bed was very comfortable, the full breakfast of hot and cold choices started the day off right and both the night clerk and the day person very helpful and friendly.
Loved the new room keys - just tap and the door opens! Bottom line: I would stay here again when I'm back in Syracuse.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback with us. It definitely helps us make improvements going forward. We are working on remodeling another one of our hotels and will be sure that the layout allows for better use of the entire space. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

When we first pulled up to the hotel, the outside looked a bit dumpy. The elevator had a sticker about the compliance being out of date (which mysteriously was ripped off within an hour). However our room itself was nice, we loved having a good sized fridge (slightly bigger than dorm sized), microwave and the bed and bedding were excellent. For once we had decent pillows and didn't have to ask for extra blankets. The staff were all very nice. The breakfast was just ok. We were happy to have it included in the price and the fact it had hot food like "eggs" and sausage; however we think the eggs were powdered and they were cold. The fruit looked old. I would have liked real eggs, a heated station and bacon. They had plenty of carb options for the rest of the folks. For beverages the coffee wasn't very good and there was no water. Only juices. All this being said, I would still go back but would hope for some improvements. Perhaps buy the empty littered lot next to it and expand, make a restaurant or courtyard area. (Note there is an excellent Mexican restaurant within walking distance - see my review of San Miguel Authentic Mexican)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family