“Comfortable”

Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on our way to and from Western Pennsylvania; it was a convenient stopping point after a long day. The hotel offered available rooms at much more affordable prices than other Hampton Inns in the area.

This Hampton has all the amenities we are accustomed to finding in this chain--the bountiful breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, and a fitness center.

Did we also mention the friendly and welcoming staff? Check.

When viewing the location on Google Earth, my companion discovered we could choose rooms either next to a high tension power line or next to the highway and a billboard just outside our window. We chose the latter. The billboard was not a problem, as there are curtains to darken the room. And we did not hear the highway traffic at all.

There are just three caveats we would mention:
1) This Hampton, like others, sits back a couple of hundred yards from the road, and the entrance driveway is very easy to drive by, as has been noted by previous reviewers. The driveway is marked by a small sign that is shared with other businesses. You can easily wind up in the wrong driveway or parking lot if you turn too soon. Better signage would help.
2) Be aware that if you select a king studio room, you do not get a refrigerator or microwave oven in your room.
3) One major problem at this hotel--the luggage carts. I discovered that the wheels actually LOCK when the cart is loaded and wheeled onto a carpet. You cannot move the cart at all. You have to pick up the heavy cart on one end and drop it to unlock the wheels. I had to do this both on our trip out and back. I can do this now, but in another 10 years it will not be possible. They need luggage carts that actually wheel freely on cloth surfaces.

Room Tip: King studio room does not have a refrigerator or microwave oven
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StarWeez
cristina b, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable. As for the signage, its been an ongoing issue wiht the county. Our King Studio rooms do have a fridge and microwave in them, its the standard king study's that do not and our luggage carts are like all others, the front wheels actually spin in all directions it's the back wheels that stay in a locked forward position. You just have to pull on either end and see which end goes left to right and that would be the front. We hope if you are in the area again, you stay with us.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Haven't been to a Hampton Inn in quite a while and was very impressed with the whole package. We were there for a family wedding and many of us stayed there. I wound definitely look for a Hampton while are traveling around the USA

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor.com and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We have been staying at this Hampton Inn on our annual trip to Syracuse for the past three years. We often stay at Hampton Inns because they are consistently clean, reasonably priced and they have good exercise facilities. Also they offer a free breakfast.
While I do give this Hampton 5 stars, I really question how this could be the #1 hotel in Syracuse. Guess that means Syracuse doesn't have what I would consider to be a nationally recognized luxury hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
cristina b, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

We are rated Number #1 due to the feedback of guests like yourself. No, we are not a luxury hotel, but we do have them in the area and as you can see by the guests who visit the area, we get more positive feedback than the others. Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor.com!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My spouse and I stayed for one night visiting family in the area. New construction; in an area that has seen better days but seems safe enough. Breakfast staff went out of their way to be helpful. We would stay again if in the neighborhood.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

• Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor.com!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

You know the rooms are clean when you see employees from a "bug service" staying there and saying the rooms are extremely clean. If it is good for them, then for sure, it is good for me! Glad they gave their approval. The staff might not have known they were there but I did and asked for their feedback.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
cristina b, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017