We stayed at this Hampton Inn on our way to and from Western Pennsylvania; it was a convenient stopping point after a long day. The hotel offered available rooms at much more affordable prices than other Hampton Inns in the area.
This Hampton has all the amenities we are accustomed to finding in this chain--the bountiful breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, and a fitness center.
Did we also mention the friendly and welcoming staff? Check.
When viewing the location on Google Earth, my companion discovered we could choose rooms either next to a high tension power line or next to the highway and a billboard just outside our window. We chose the latter. The billboard was not a problem, as there are curtains to darken the room. And we did not hear the highway traffic at all.
There are just three caveats we would mention:
1) This Hampton, like others, sits back a couple of hundred yards from the road, and the entrance driveway is very easy to drive by, as has been noted by previous reviewers. The driveway is marked by a small sign that is shared with other businesses. You can easily wind up in the wrong driveway or parking lot if you turn too soon. Better signage would help.
2) Be aware that if you select a king studio room, you do not get a refrigerator or microwave oven in your room.
3) One major problem at this hotel--the luggage carts. I discovered that the wheels actually LOCK when the cart is loaded and wheeled onto a carpet. You cannot move the cart at all. You have to pick up the heavy cart on one end and drop it to unlock the wheels. I had to do this both on our trip out and back. I can do this now, but in another 10 years it will not be possible. They need luggage carts that actually wheel freely on cloth surfaces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Boulevard /I-690 hotel and enjoy free high-speed internet access in every room. Have a good night’s sleep in a clean and fresh Hampton bed® and enjoy our range of thoughtful services and amenities. Keep on top of work in your room with our handy lap desk, or relax with your favorite shows on the LCD flat-screen TV. Upgrade to a suite for separate living and sleeping areas, more space and flexibility. Take advantage of our range of efficient services to make your stay more comfortable. Start each day with a delicious Hampton’s free hot breakfast and taste our world-famous waffles. Even if you're in a rush, don't miss the most important meal of the day. On your way out, simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. Swim laps in the indoor swimming pool after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/i-690 Hotel Syracuse
- Hampton Inn And Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/i-690