“All excellent except the dosa”
Review of Dosa Grill

Dosa Grill
Ranked #44 of 701 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Just opened
Description: Just opened
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I shop at the Indian food market in the same plaza and have always wanted to eat at the Dosa Grill next-door. Finally one night I was in Syracuse with a friend and we agreed to end our day of shopping with a stop at the Dosa Grill at about 9 pm.

We had wonderful, friendly service and a clean, vibrant place to enjoy the meal. We took the buffet and added a bottle of red wine. The waiter assured us we would receive as many dosas as we wished as part of the buffet. I spent 3 months in Ithaca as a volunteer and loved them. I was so excited. But, they were lovely pancake shells with the tiniest blob of filling. They were so different in India, truly "filled."

Overall, though, a friendly place proud of their food. I enjoyed it.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

My favorite place in the whole city for greatIndian food. The lunch buffet always has a new surprise on it. They also aren't afraid to let it rip on spicy entrées. The wait staff is always attentive and helpful. If your looking for authentic Indian Dosa this is your place.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We went here on new year's eve and filled up on appetizers, which were nothing to write home about but my husband and I were starving. My husband had a chicken curry and i had lamb curry. The meat was really disappointing and the curry flavors were lacking. We ended up having some curry leftover, and they offered us a plastic bag to carry our styrofoam containers in. We brought it home and reheated it the next day, and found a bug in it. Maybe the bug was in our car and climbed up inside the plastic bag and made its way into the styrofoam container, but the styrofoam container didn't seem to have openings big enough for such a fat bug to squeeze through. Plus the bug wasn't just sitting on top of the curry, it was mixed in with it. I feel bad writing this review, because the service was good and the people that worked there were very friendly, but my husband and I are too disgusted to go back.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

Dosa Grill is a nicely decorated room, with friendly staff and plenty of menu choices. We ordered a la carte, as the buffet was not on at the hour we dined.
The lentil soup had good spices but was watery, with not a single whole lentil. Our waiter noticed I barely touched it, and politely removed it from the table and from the bill.
I liked the variety of vegetables in the Navratan korma, but the peshwari naan (bread with coconut and raisins) was much sweeter than I'm used to. The portions were generous, and staff attentive.
A big minus for the dingy, grungy bathroom with 1/4 roll of toilet paper, no paper towels, and no supply cabinet in sight.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Best place to have authentic Indian food in Syracuse .Their buffet is awesome and a rich experience for food lovers . The part I like most there was , kingfisher beer was available there ...It was a completely homely feeling . Staff is nice and helping .