“When we want Indian food THIS is where we go”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #276 of 702 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

The food here is the best Indian food in Syracuse. The staff are amazing and friendly and helpful. The butter chicken is by far the best! We go back over and over again for the butter chicken. We have 4 boys and they love it here as well.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

I had been to taj mahal indian restuarant with friends. The ambience is good and the service is really good.. the food was bit spicy, but it was delicious. I would rate this as one of the best indian restuarants in syracuse..

Only negative is the restuarant doesnt cater any south indian items and i would recommend them to introduce.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

This is a small but good Indian restaurant. They have a nice buffet where you can get a selection of items for a fixed price, plus they have a menu if you wish to order a standard meal. The food is very good and tastes authentic to me. If you choose the buffet, there is more than any one person can eat. The prices are very reasonable. It is a small restaurant, but we've never had trouble getting a seat. The room is a little dated and some of the seat covers are split and could be repaired. However, with the pleasant atmosphere, you hardly notice the minor imperfections. This is one of our "go to" places when we need a meal in Syracuse.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Ugghhh! The horrible food ever!.. The ugliest environment ever!!
We stopped at this restaurant while we were going to Niagara Falls in July.It had the most horrible food!
We went for buffet and my brother and sister took the curd raita and the salad dressing in the buffet..It smelled horrible..My sister just spat out the little taste of the raita..it was smelling foul!..My brother cannot just forget the awful taste of it till date!..
1.Biryani just looked like turmeric rice..and cauliflower and potato started to smell.
2.The saag panner was just watery.
3.Chole did not have any spices!.. just added canned chickpeas ,salt water,turmeric.Can I buy you some spices please?
4.The desserts were a little better compared to others.That's why I have given 1 star or else I wished to give -ve black stars for it ..I would have give -100 black stars..
5.The most amazing part.. buffet was open throughout but..wait.. $15 !!!!!! That was a shock!
The food was not even worth 1 cent..
Just eating money..serving trash..
6.Horrible environment..!No one comes to pick the plates when we go for second serve.. there was a plates bin kept beside us for us to do the pick up part!

Never ever go to this place..Ugly Unhygienic and just waste of money..I wished I had gone to the Pizza hut or Taco Bell opposite.

1  Thank Makkapati N
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We got the food to go as we were travelling. They made sure we had plates, spoons and napkins to go. It's not like the usual Indian restaurant food. But, it's more of home cooking which I would say will not harm your digestive system.

1  Thank Krish0325