“I love this place!”

Taste of India
Ranked #220 of 700 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We've never had a bad meal here. I love anything tika masala. Usually get chicken but it's all great. Also recommend black lentils and naan. If the menu scares you, tell David what you like and he'll recommend some dishes. So good!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Great food, but you need to visit this restaurant when you are not rushed for time and want to socialize. It's small, family run and can get overwhelmed by too many customers but the food is worth the wait and the people are lovely.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Relaxed but friendly service. Great value lunch buffet, just $8.95! Chicken Tikka Masala very tasty. Sweet mango lassi, and soft, chewy naan. If I get a chance, I'll definitely go back. Nice, hip, residential neighborhood, that seemed like something you might see in Kensington Market, Toronto or South Side Pittsburgh..

Reviewed 13 September 2015

A really nice surprise to find such a good Indian restaurant near where we were staying in Syracuse. We had mango lassis which were excellent, a selection of fried appetizers which were nicely done and not heavy and oily as fried things often can be. We had coconut soup which was fabulous -- sweet and full of coconut. We also had the prawns in spinach with ginger and garlic. The prawns were perfectly done, and the spinach, though chopped very very finely, had a herb-y pleasant taste. I have to watch the salt, and nothing we had was excessively salty. The garlic naan was the absolutely best I've ever had -- nice crunchy crust, but soft and chewy inside. I'd go back and just order an entire meal of it! The restaurant itself is a pleasant and quiet place, not fancy, but has a nice atmosphere. The service was very good. An altogether positive experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Great food and very attentive staff. Had a great dinner, with great service. We also, enjoy going for the lunch buffet, where the variety of chooses are always tasty.