“You Are Never Going To Believe This!”
Review of The Black Olive - CLOSED

The Black Olive
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Greek/Mediterranean Restaurant Belly Dancer every Saturday 8pm-10pm Friday and Saturday 10pm-2am we turn into a nightclub
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Walked in to this place at 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, October 1. Two of us. Asked for a table. Dining room was 2/3 empty. Hostess said they did not have any tables available. I pointed to the dining and offered that only a few tables were occupied.

Here is where I had my first in a lifetime dining out experience.

The hostess explained that they had been very busy with customers who were en route to the Amy Shumer show, that the cooks were tired, and that they were not seating new diners for at least a half hour.

Too busy! On a Saturday night! Isn't that every restaurant owner's dream?

They were too busy for us, so we were too busy for them. Walked a block to a restaurant that was happy to have our business, got a seat immediately (even though the place was very, very busy) and enjoyed a nice meal.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Top notch Greek Restaurant with an extensive menu. Service was excellent and food was very good. The combo platters are large enough to be shared by 2. Would definitely recommend to others.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I enjoyed a leisurely lunch in this huge Greek restaurant -- very friendly and attentive service, lovely home-made tasting lemon and chicken soup accompanied by a generous platter of grilled veggies. It was very reasonably priced and the portions so generous that I packed half my lunch to take home.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank rh24
Reviewed 22 May 2016

My wife and I both like Greek food and have been wanting to try The Black Olive. We arrived at 3pm on a rainy Saturday. The place was completely deserted. However, they were open and quickly set up a table in front of the windows overlooking a busy street. A great place to watch people going by.
The waitress was very good. She was very personable and no made sure drinks were filled and the food was served with a smile.
The room was very upscale with cloth napkins and tablecloths and nice china. It was decorated in a contemporary style with high ceilings, a massive bar and an open grill and cooking area. The prices were very reasonable.
We ordered hummus and warm pita bread as a starter. Their hummus was very good. My wife had the chicken souvlaki, with four skewers of grilled, marinated, chicken breast. She loved it. There was enough chicken left over, to take home. I had a hamburger and French fries. It was an excellent burger,.done to order with tasty, crispy, fries. We were both pleased with everything and will definitely go back, again

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Lamb kebabs (the evening "special") were very, very tough; had to request a steak knife. Salad with roasted vegetables was unnecessarily oily...and I mean OILY. Spanakopita likewise, and not a nice, buttery "oily," either. Just oily. The pita bread, however, was warm and soft. Really, the best part of the meal. Service was fine, but server didn't seem eager to report our suggestions to the chef.

Date of visit: March 2016