“Old School Chinese near Syracuse University”

Panda West Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 694 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I love Asian fusion as much as the next guy, but when you are in the mood for some good old fashioned Chinese food Panda West is as good as any place I remeber going to in NYC as a kid. When arriving hot tea and Chinese noodles/chips with duck sauce are placed on the table so you know you are off to go a good start. We were we four for lunch and two of us started with the hot and sour soup (vegetarian, no pork) and it was very good with a nice amount of spice. I ordered chicken in black bean sauce while others at the table ordered vegetable and noodle dishes and we were all very satisfied. Panda West has been serving Chinese food for twenty plus years and although quiet on the Sunday afternoon we were there we hear from others at the University it can be very crowded at times so they must be doing something right!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

One of the few places on the hill --Syracuse University that you can get a nice lunch. The lunch menu is pretty simple...but good choices. It is nice as you can have a comfortable sit down, prompt service, pleasant service, and a pot of tea.

Working in the University area we have limited time for lunch. This is an excellent choice for time consideration and affordability.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

The food is always fresh, service is fast, and the meals are a good value. Working nearby, I'm a frequent visitor. The menu doesn't have huge variety, and beverage selections are basically non-existent. But overall, there's a reason the place fills up every day!

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Authentic Chinese food with Chinese menu available. Very friendly and meticulous staff. I felt so comfortable and welcomed eating here. We ordered Peking Duck which is so far the best I have ever had in U.S. I have been here for five years and had been to a lot of Chinese restaurants.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

About ten of us went there for dinner and it was all very good.

We shared spring rolls and dumplings, both up to what I wanted and then almost all had meals.

I personally had the lo mein vegetarian noodles that were nice and came in a large portion.

I could return if I pass by Syracuse at some point.