“I LOVE INDIAN FOOD AND THIS PLACE IS THE BEST”

Samrat Indian Restaurant
Ranked #367 of 702 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Welcome to Samrat! This place is in a funny spot up in the University Area but don't let that stop you! If you love Indian food like I do then this is the place. It is 3 flights up in an old Rite Aid building but once you get there you will be pleased. They have a lunch buffet as well as menu. It is an awesome place. I go every time I am craving Indian food which is once a week at least!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Samrat was an important part of my life when I was a student at SU. When I first started going there as a freshman to satisfy my intense Indian food cravings, the food honestly wasn't that memorable. Then, when I was a junior, I believe that the quality of the food improved immensely. Perhaps they hired a new chef or something. I used to bring my textbooks and homework, get the lunch buffet (an amazing bargain) and nom on some deliciousness while I studied. It really helped with my stress. It was somewhat of a home for me. Not to mention the buffet brunch on a Sunday morning when I was hungover... amazing

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

First, the building the restaurant is in was filthy with a funny (urine) smell. Second, when we arrived, the napkins we were given had what appeared to be little crumbs on them. Third, the three sauces that came out appeared to have been already used, as if pulled from another table. The green sauce had a spoon in it, and the spoon had red on it... in other words, the spoon had different sauce on it (that is, dirty).

I pushed down my disgust, it being date night, and also because driving around SU looking for parking took a lot of effort, and found the food to be tasty. But I will not be back because of what appeared to be a lack of cleanliness.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

We ate in this restaurant while driving from Buffalo to Massena. Wanted some good Indian food. It was quirt a distance from the highway, but it was worth the effort.
There was no one except the staff as we went very late, but food was available. Most of the items were tasty.
The place was clean and calm.
There is no parking for the restaurant. We need to park in a public parking paid $ 15/ hour.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

crazy small restroom but fine food. great atmosphere........ I would eat here again. service met expectations.