“Enjoyable, seafood luncheon at Red Lobster”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #127 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017

It was a Thursday early afternoon, approximately 11:30 AM. My friend really enjoys Red Lobster and I was treating her for her birthday. I will admit, it takes a very long time to decipher the menu but our terrific server patiently answered our many questions and were ready to order. We decided to get the 4 courses for $16.99 which included a dessert! My friend cannot eat salad or coleslaw and we asked if we could substitute the carrots and squash side (new) and our server asked the manager and it was fine. Always nice to be able to have a substitution when needed. The fresh biscuits are delicious and even refilled. Our drinks were replenished to. The food was great from the clam chowder to the dessert. The young man was very friendly and aimed to please. I am sorry I don't remember him telling us his name, but he is really good. We will come back.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Hostess greeted us right away, our waiter arrived about a minute later to take our drink order and from their on the service was great. My wife ordered the New England calm chowder and a salad and for her main meal she had coconut batter shrimp with a bake potato. I had the chowder and a maple covered chicken breast with a bake potato. Both meals were very good except for the chowder, it was very creamy but clams and potatoes were very hard to find. My wife had 8 batter covered large shrimp which she said were very good. My chicken was very tender, i had 2 whole breast very tender. Deserts looked good, but we were to full to try any. Nice service and a very good meal.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

After a Syravuse basketball game my buddy and I went to Red Lobster. when we got there we saw 7 open tables in bar, the hostess was not friendly, had to wait for a table. When we got to our table our server said he had been slow all night. Bad experience and was told servers can only handle 3 tables at a time, well get more servers on duty after a basket game. Management needs to know where they work.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I brought my mother here for her seventy fifth birthday.

The service was good. The wait staff was attentive and fast. Our food arrived fast. We had our salads and soup within fifteen minutes and our main corse arrived fifteen minutes after that.
I ordered the fish and chips, with a salads a small cup of clam chowder.
The cheese and butter garlic biscuits are one of the best part of eating here. They are real good, but the food went downhill after them.
The salad was good and fresh.
The fish was battered and deep fried and was a good portion size. It was good tasting. The fries were not very good and only about twenty two of them . I don't usually count them , but there was so little on the plate , I could not help it.
I did not like their tartar sauce at all. And I guess it was a good thing that there was not much of it.
The clam chowder tasted good, but it was like we're is Waldo trying find some. Clams in it.
My over all impression, their a bit high on their prices. The food is average or below par. There are. Plenty of local sea food restaurants that have a better menu and much better food for the price then eating in a red lobster.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped in late on a Saturday night while traveling on vacation and were delighted with our experience. Our waitress Tristina was friendly and attentive. Our courses were perfectly timed and the food was fantastic!