“My favorite Chinese restaurant in the area”

China Pavilion Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 694 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 January 2017

China Pavilion has friendly staff, and good food. My friends and I dine there regularly. The scallion pancakes are delicious, and the veg spring rolls very good. I was happy with the Broccoli with Garlic Sauce; then I tried the crispy tofu with coconut curry sauce- even better! The Basil Sauce is wonderful too, so I get a side order of that for $1.
Crispy noodles and sweet sauce, as well as hot tea, are complimentary starters.

Like a tripadvisor review? Give it a "helpful" vote!

2  Thank lem1eu10

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

For the second time in a row service was very slow. Took a long time to get waited on and even longer to get our check. Food was good. Curry chicken was very good. Just can't score more than average because as timing was off.

1  Thank Jerry Z
Reviewed 9 November 2016

The fresh cooked, excellent food at this small restaurant makes me wonder how any "buffets" can stay in business! Taking to the owner on our last visit, she told us she has been in business 20 years, we have been eating there 18. Consistent, fresh, delicious and reasonable Chines food, who could ask for more.

1  Thank CharlesandPaula
Reviewed 13 September 2016

In a word, yuck!!!!!!
After having many good meals at China Pavilion in years past, we had not been in awhile until recently but will not be returning any time soon if ever again! Thy used to have what we thought was the best chinese food and the quality was great but when we recently had dinner there, it was awful!!! We ordered two different chicken dishes, one dish had mostly grisly fat in place of chicken and the other dish featured chicken that was so dryed out and overdone, neither were edible. Disappointing China Pavilion disappointing, expensive too!!!!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We frequent this restaurant often and is usually very good. Must have hit an off night. Sesame chicken was off a bit. Not as tender as usual, there were hardly any sesame seeds and the pieces were unusually large. Chicken with peanuts in a spicy sauce was a bit better. Service was unusually slow. We will return and I'm sure it will be a better experience. .