“Patty Melt”

Market Diner
Ranked #91 of 728 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Italian
Description: Welcome to Market Diner! Feeding Syracuse since 1974, this 50's style vintage diner with traditional American and European cuisine offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, all served any time of the day. Check out our menu for scrumptious favorites like frittata, omelets, reubens, corned beef with cabbage, and burgers. For bigger appetites, we have entrees such as baked rigatoni, pot roast, and New York strip steak. All the beef we serve is top of the line quality Black Angus. Market diner prides itself for having a little something for all walks of life in a warm and inviting dining space. We open bright and early every morning at 5am for breakfast. Through the week we have specials that last all day Monday through Friday. Unlike most diners, Market Diner can also cater your next event, and we have outdoor seating so you can enjoy the weather while you eat. So what are you waiting for? We invite you over to Market Diner for great times and a great bite to eat.
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I've been eating here for years. This time around I wanted to try something new and I'm glad I did. I got the patty melt with sweet potato fries. I ordered it medium and the temperature was spot on. Fries were cooked well too. Others in my group ordered meatloaf with mashed potatoes and chocolate chip pancakes. Pancakes were good. Mashed potatoes were delicious. Meatloaf was good too. Prices are reasonable. Sometimes we eat here and then go to Destiny USA because it's cheaper and the food is reliably better.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This was our first visit to the Market Diner and we were pleasantly surprised. We had the turkey dinner special. The turkey, mashed potatoes, and dressing portions were huge. Neither of us could finish. We started out with the sampler appetizer of chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and, potato skins. It was delicious. The prices are low and there was a steady stream of customers.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate dinner for $58: burger w/ fries, grilled cheese w/ fries, lasagna w/salad and (stale) italian bread, chicken parm w/ salad and (stale) italian bread, and a shared calamari appetizer. Waitress and cashier were very friendly, place was clean, portions and food quality were all very good. No five stars because the bread was not good at all (and you really want a nice fresh italian bread with italian dinners...they should have transformed to garlic toast) and the location is terrible (no view but the busy road in downtown Syracuse. Very close to Oncenter, though.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

came in here because it was easy to get to and easy to sit. HUGE portions! As Diner's go, this is right up there with the classics. we had lunch, sandwiches, egg and olive salad on white bread and real turkey salad on marbled rye both with sweet potato fries. the fries were excellent, fresh and yummy. The turkey salad was freshly made and made from the left over turkey from the previous day's turkey dinners. Way good. We will return....

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to grab a bite to eat. I always order breakfast, usually eggs or pancakes. This time an item called Eggs Elenista caught my eye. I think it's my new favorite. It combines English muffins, spinach, tomato slices, poached eggs, and hollandaise into something amazing. I ordered a side of corned beef hash, too. My dining companion had the pumpkin pancakes, another excellent choice. Wait staff is always friendly and timely. Add this to a trip to the Regional Farmer's Market and you'll have an enjoyable experience.