“Nice lunch”

Tony's Family Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 725 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife eat lunch at tony,s . We had one of their cheese Luna's for a appetizer ,(basically a flat deep fried breaded mozzarella cheese) it was good. Nice and hot with a good tasting breading.
I had a bacon cheese burger with lettuce tomato and mayo. It was good perfect for me and was good tasting.
My wife had a chicken spiedie sandwich. The chicken was tender and moist, but had no spiedie flavor at all. It tasted like plain chicken.
The service was excellent. The waiter was nice and service was fast . We were in and out in a little over a half hour.
I have eaten here before . The food has always bee good , their Version of Italian food and my Italian food I grew up on are not even close. Their pasta tasted like the opened a plain can of sauce and put it in the pasta, zero flavor. I'm a bit biased, since I grew up on home made Italian food. But except for that, I recommend the restaurant .

Reviewed 23 June 2016

AS the name states, this is a family restaurant. I stopped in for lunch recently. Had a wonderful lunch and very good service.
I had a Turkey Club Sandwich and chicken pastina soup.. The sandwich was large, and made with freshly carved turkey breast, on choice of bread--I chose white-it was toasted, of course. It was delicious and I had to take half of it home, which I had for supper. Served with potato chips.
The soup was wonderful with lots of chicken and fresh vegetables.
I will go back for either one of these items.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

We visited on a Tuesday night. We were on that side of town so we tried Tony's. It was very slow when we got there at 645. The appearance of the dining room is pretty generic. We were kid of seated by the hostess. I say kind of because she said do you want a booth, I said yes and she replied you can sit at the fourth one back. I was thinking, she needs to find a new job! The waiter came over and got our drink order. My wife ordered the eggplant with s side of angel hair and a cup of chickens asters a little watery pastini soup. I ordered a dozen steamers and the Italian sampler which is ravioli, manicotti and stuffed shells with meatballs. The soup came out and it was ok, it had more celery than anything else. We both only had one little piece of chicken in the soup. The broth tasted a little watery. The steamed clams were great. They gave us 15 clams and the were perfect. I try not to judge people's sauce to hard because everybody likes "their" sauce. The sauce was heavy with oregano and sugar. I use no oregano or sugar in my sauce. My wife liked her eggplant once she got used to the sauce. My stuffed pastas were very good once I got used of the sauce. The meatballs were tender and flavorful. The bread that they served us was great too. A little crusty and soft and tender in the middle. Perfect. The waiter was very good. He was pleasant and checked back a couple of times. I do not think we will go back there is to much good Italian in this area.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Scabs found in the food. Incompetent owners. Not a real family restaurant. I and my many friends and coworkers will never eat there.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Terrible service. The food was bad. Not a good choice for anyone local or out of town. Went to Joey's the next night and everything was delicious and I would highly recommend them over Tony's.