“Good food--Great service”

Tony's Family Restaurant
Ranked #213 of 701 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 8 April 2017

My son talks about Tonys often so decieded to meet up there with some family members. Wednesday is turkey dinner day and my husband couldn't wait. This is the real thing--like Thanksgjving Dinner...my husband asked if they had any turkey legs left and the waitress went back and checked and my husband was in luck--2 huge turkey legs plus stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and cranberry sauce. What a meal plus plenty for left overs the next day. I had the baked stuffed sole with pasta. Loved the pasta sauce. The baked sole was delicious and with 2 nice pieces I also had plenty for leftovers. The service was outstanding!!! Our waitress was attentive, helpful and just so pleasant. Don't overlook this restaurant while in Syracuse. Food is very good and service is fabulous!!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Came here on Sunday morning and it was great! Service was fantastic and the food was really good! Fantastic greasy spoon breakfast!

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch as a friend recommended. Had been here long time ago and did not seem that much had changed. Utica greens were good. Spaghetti and meatballs were ok. Service was good. This is an ok place for lunch.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went there on a Friday nite...my husband ordered the fried fish dinner..it was horrible,the fish was full of water and coating wasn't cooked. I had the veal parm.,it also was a disappointment. Parts of the veal were so tough (never before have I ever had tough veal) I couldn't chew it. Also the waiter asked us as we were ordering if we wanted soup or salad.we did pick soup ,new England clam chowder. It would have expected been quite good if carrots weren't raw. Then at end of meal came my biggest pet peeve. The check had calculated tip amounts,I guess to help some figure it out,BUT it was figured on the after tax amount,which in this case inflates the check 8%. Why should I tip the tax. Service was good !

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife eat lunch at tony,s . We had one of their cheese Luna's for a appetizer ,(basically a flat deep fried breaded mozzarella cheese) it was good. Nice and hot with a good tasting breading.
I had a bacon cheese burger with lettuce tomato and mayo. It was good perfect for me and was good tasting.
My wife had a chicken spiedie sandwich. The chicken was tender and moist, but had no spiedie flavor at all. It tasted like plain chicken.
The service was excellent. The waiter was nice and service was fast . We were in and out in a little over a half hour.
I have eaten here before . The food has always bee good , their Version of Italian food and my Italian food I grew up on are not even close. Their pasta tasted like the opened a plain can of sauce and put it in the pasta, zero flavor. I'm a bit biased, since I grew up on home made Italian food. But except for that, I recommend the restaurant .